Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Chocolate related preggo rage!

(28 Posts)
Emilycee Tue 18-Feb-14 10:13:53

I need an irrational rant!

My dh has eaten my fucking cadbury buttons easter chick! I was hiding that for pregnancy emergency related cravings. I just rang him at work and told him to replace it today and warned him that if he doesnt, he has been warned that my irrational side might come out if the urge for a cadburys chocolate easter chick takes me suddenly! Bastard.

You just can't help yourself to a pregnant womans chocolate!!!

squizita Tue 18-Feb-14 10:58:03

grin

My DH ate some of my special "when I'm feeling sick" salt and vinegar crisps. I was NOT impressed.

Mim78 Tue 18-Feb-14 11:22:03

Dh found and ate the crunchies I had hidden. Can sort of understand as normally I think a'll food is fair game!

MissYamabuki Tue 18-Feb-14 11:23:03

Not on! smile

cathpip Tue 18-Feb-14 11:35:11

My dh has said "silly silly silly man" he's been there and knows never to venture there again smile

nyldn Tue 18-Feb-14 12:02:38

My husband finished the nutella Sunday night without telling me and I was daydreaming about it on my way home from work yesterday. I cried.

BEEwitched Tue 18-Feb-14 12:53:35

Ugh, I've bought crunchies now THREE times for a recipe I want to make and DH has eaten the lot every single time. Honestly, don't they know better?

dietcoketime69 Tue 18-Feb-14 12:59:16

Haha this thread has made me giggle smile

Emilycee Tue 18-Feb-14 14:09:45

I must admit I felt tearful and outraged when I realised! He doesn't even bloody like chocolate that much - whole packet of Kit Kats on full view - eat those not my hidden behind all of the cereal packets easter chick!

Need a new hiding place! :-)

jen2014 Tue 18-Feb-14 14:50:53

Lol! My DH says when I'm having one of 'those' days he daren't confront me, he just retreats into a corner and throws chocolate at me!
In all fairness to him, he has learned from previous pregnancy and I think he's bought me chocolate every single week this pregnancy!
Does nothing for weight gain but I don't give a monkeys smile

Misty9 Tue 18-Feb-14 14:52:46

Mine bought me chocolate for my birthday last month when he knows that it sets off my heartburn massively and I can't eat it. A long term present, he said hmm

RobinSparkles Tue 18-Feb-14 14:55:35

LTB!

I understand your rage! I'm not pregnant but when I was pregnant with DD2 I bought myself a bar of galaxy. As we got to the check out "D" H told DD1 (3 at the time) that it was hers and that she could have it. I started blubbing at the check out blush.

BEEwitched Tue 18-Feb-14 16:13:13

Mine didn't even buy me Dairy Box for Valentine's. I have Hotel Chocolat chocolates left but I want the trashy stuff! I'm half tempted to send him 5 miles out of his way this evening to the one petrol station I know that has peanut butter KitKats...

ithoughtofitfirst Tue 18-Feb-14 17:17:36

Just pissed myself laughing at this. I've never heard of cruelty like it.

bluebelle2662 Tue 18-Feb-14 17:33:27

This is brilliant. Can totally understand.

My dog ate my tuna sandwich the other day... I cried. I never eat tuna, really wanted it. Little bastard.

aylesburyduck Tue 18-Feb-14 19:37:00

not preggo rage as I am on the twwot. but I have just eaten 3 peanut butter kit kats. I feel sick but I am hopefully growing a baby so I am allowed grin

Mummytobe2014 Tue 18-Feb-14 20:07:54

I hid mine as my dp always eats everything and he found it and hid it from me i was gutted. He was sleeping off a night shift so cldnt even wake him lol so i hid his jelly sweets which made me feel a little better. He of course denied all knowledge of my choc until he realised his jellies were missing grin

SweetPea86 Tue 18-Feb-14 20:18:24

They should know better. This post has cheered me up!

mummytobejuly2014 Tue 18-Feb-14 22:34:42

I hide mine in my car glovebox lol. Only place its safe & cool. Hid a £4 box of ricicles cereal from the spar on Sunday in the back of a bottom cupboard to enjoy & an hour later he plonked down beside me eating a massive bowl of it when there are 5 open cereals he likes. Was not amused that he found it & took a massive bowl of it. Selfish hormones lol

CristaBell Tue 18-Feb-14 22:41:45

Haha, I'm so pleased I'm not the only one to cry over Chocolate! I always hide sweets and chocolate from DH and that's the annoying thing they can see it's hidden but they still eat it!!! Hope your DH replaced your Easter chick smile

Emilycee Wed 19-Feb-14 10:49:19

He did replace it - and I ate in in front of him last night and did not share! (That'll teach him! He he!)

I also sneakily bought another two and hid them so he won't be getting those either!

Sammie101 Wed 19-Feb-14 10:55:04

LTB. That behaviour is UNACCEPTABLE.

Doesn't he know chocolate is sacred?!?

Sammie101 Wed 19-Feb-14 10:57:29

And now I want a peanut butter kitkat, nom nom!

SpawningSalmon Wed 19-Feb-14 13:37:50

I have just found new Cadbury Dairy Milk Ritz chocolate in tesco!!!
Amazing! Not tried it yet, but if it is anything like M&S chocolate covered pretzels I am set to gain a good 3 stone. grin

Mummytobe2014 Wed 19-Feb-14 13:40:20

That sounds amazing, im ravenous and cld eat some choccie right now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now