Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this stupid?

(8 Posts)
Stevie77 Mon 17-Feb-14 23:46:42

I've DC2's ELCS booked for 17 March and just realised it's St Patrick's Day. We're not Irish nor do we celebrate it but for some reason it kind of bothers me, so am thinking of asking it to be postponed by a day.

AIBU and plain daft?

daisywaisydoo Mon 17-Feb-14 23:50:42

I don't think you ABU, as long as baby is safe still go for it.

LettertoHermioneGranger Mon 17-Feb-14 23:51:12

Are his friends/school likely to celebrate it growing up?

I've known lots of people born on holidays who felt their birthday was overlooked every year, especially ones where any party would end up being a double party, or have to be celebrated on a different day.

NatashaBee Tue 18-Feb-14 00:12:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

phoolani Tue 18-Feb-14 00:18:15

Why does it bother you? I'd just get in with it TBH. For dd's elective I was happy with the date because some really fab famous people were born that day, then some inconsiderate women got me bumped by having 'heart problems' and the date I got was really, really boring famous people's birthday. Now I cannot remember a single name of any said famous people, boring or not.

squizita Tue 18-Feb-14 07:56:24

I'm half Irish and wouldn't be fussed personally. It's always going to be someone's festival somewhere round the world. In the UK it's not a massive holiday anyway (even in my very Irish area of London).

sarahquilt Tue 18-Feb-14 08:20:03

UK are pretty boring about celebrating it so I wouldn't worry.

Stevie77 Tue 18-Feb-14 12:30:54

Thanks everyone. I never gave it a second thought until everyone we told about the date to has piped up "ooh, it's St Patrick's Day". Yes, and...? But now it has planted a seed of doubt in my mind, and I don't even know why.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now