Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

what is your opinion on the names Ezra and Ava for twin boy and gi

(18 Posts)
trampsypantsy Mon 17-Feb-14 21:22:45

Do they sound too similar?

MaxsMummy2012 Mon 17-Feb-14 21:26:12

Love Ava but will be honest and say I dont like Ezra (I think it's a bit girly sounding) just my opinion though, they do sound similar - it's the 'a' sound at the end.

jammiecat Mon 17-Feb-14 21:27:46

We're trying to come up with twin names too, made more difficult as we don't want to know the sex until birth.

I love both those names and I think they sound lovely together, and not too similar. The only advice I've had was to consider avoiding the same first initial as with the same date of birth it can cause confusion later on.

I think having names that have a similar sound works really well for twins.

NigelMolesworth Mon 17-Feb-14 21:30:21

I know an Ezra and an Ava but they are both girls...

MrsBungle Mon 17-Feb-14 21:31:04

I think they're too similar.

Aaliyah1 Mon 17-Feb-14 22:32:46

Love Ava but I know Ezra as a girls name. Like it as a girls name, not sure for a boy though

Peacenquiet2 Tue 18-Feb-14 08:45:51

Id agree with above posters in that ezra is for a girl so far as im aware, they are both nice but id think of an altetnative for the boy. Also the pp that mentioned callin your dcs names with the same initials, id agree its best to avoid it. My sister and i both have the same initial and once we started getting our own mail we never knew whos was whos if if it said miss so and so rather than our names.

NoIamAngelaHernandez Tue 18-Feb-14 08:47:32

Ezra Pound was definitely male.

But I too think they are too similar.

weebigmamma Tue 18-Feb-14 08:49:18

I know of two Ezras- the bible one and the poet and both are male. Not fond of it myself but each to their own. I don't think it's too much like Ava and I like Ava.

squizita Tue 18-Feb-14 09:23:25

As others have said - it is a boy's name. In modern times, like Francis, Jo and Kelly, it has become more unisex.

They are quite Biblical and epic - I don't think too similar.

ProfondoRosso Tue 18-Feb-14 09:28:27

Both good names smile

I have never, ever heard Ezra used as a girl's name.

ZenNudist Tue 18-Feb-14 09:36:17

Ezra def boys name. Think they don't go well together as Ava different. Cultural heritage than Ezra.

Ezra was on my boys name list but it felt too unusual to use in the end.

Quite like avA.

Ava and John mAybe if you wanted short snappy names?

Ava and Leo?

Ava and Mark

No idea what goes with Ezra. Ruth? Rebecca? Something
G with Hebrew root?

KitKat1985 Tue 18-Feb-14 12:44:13

I like Ava but not so keen on Ezra if I'm honest. I would describe it as more of a girls name as well. Sorry. x

bellaboo88 Tue 18-Feb-14 13:24:17

Ezra is my great grandads name & biblical. I love it but it 'sounds' modern if you get me x

sambababy Tue 18-Feb-14 15:19:37

I love them! Don't be too swayed by what other people think. There will always be some people that like and don't like your name choices. Good luck!

eurochick Tue 18-Feb-14 15:21:36

I like both and know a boy Ezra. I've never heard it used as a girl's name.

AngelaDaviesHair Tue 18-Feb-14 15:30:13

it is , rarely, a girl's name but more usually a man's. I like both names but I do think they are too similar.

RebeccaCloud9 Sat 22-Feb-14 18:29:11

I think both names are lovely.

I've only ever heard Ezra as a boy's name, never for a girl. A character in a v popular teen show (Pretty Little Liars) is called Ezra (and he's very handsome!).

Would it be pronounced Ayva or Arva? That would be my only problem with names like that - not everyone would know how to pronounce them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now