Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can I have a moan (32 weeks with twins)

(11 Posts)
jammiecat Mon 17-Feb-14 18:24:33

I wonder if I might just have a moan as I'm feeling so rough. I'm 32 weeks with twins and physically it has been tough, especially with a 3 year old to chase after too!

I've been coughing since October when I had a horrible cold and since Christmas I've either had 3 colds or the same one starts to get better and then worse again. this has just happened again and I am dizzy, congested, have a headache and generally feeling unwell. I have backache, heartburn (although this has got better since being prescribed tablets for it), I don't sleep more than about 4-5 hours at night, my bump aches, I can't stand for long due to pressure below and I'm breathless with two heads under my ribs. And I'm just exhausted all the time. The twins are currently breech and so I am mostly likely facing a c section unless twin 1 turns, then I'll be induced at 38 weeks. Either way I'm not sure how I'm going to make it through the next 6 weeks, never mind have the energy to get through labour or a c section. I know it'll all be worth it in the end and I should be grateful to be blessed with two babies, and I am but I am just feeling so rough. I should have my hospital bag packed but don't have the energy for it, the house is a wreck as I just can't stand long enough to do anything. My DH is doing his best to help but can't do it all and I just want to sob. I can't actually remember what it feels like to be well. Anyway, just needed to get that off my chest. Sorry for the pity party but don't want to keep burdening my DH with my woes.

willtheyeverusethepotty Mon 17-Feb-14 19:53:03

Hi there,

I had twins and mine were born at 35 + 5 by c-section. My blood pressure was veer high, I couldnt walk (had been on bed rest since week 25) and could barely breath the day before I gave birth…

There is a big chance you won't have to wait until you get to 38 weeks….most women carrying twins don't go past 37. So hang in there, you're close :-)

And congratulations! Its hard work, but so so wonderful.

slightlyinsane Mon 17-Feb-14 20:37:52

Moan all you want. I'm 23 wks with twins and most days I wonder how I'm going to get through the next 14 wks. I will have a good day then everything hurts my back and sides especially. Im also on cold number 3 since Christmas day. Unfortunately so has my no3 who ends up in my bed most of the night hugging my back grrrrrrr. If its any consolation your soooooo much closer to the end than me :-)

Expectingtwins1975 Mon 17-Feb-14 20:40:55

Likewise ... I'm only 21 weeks with twins - god knows what state I will be in at 32 weeks ....... Moan all you want - its totally justified

MrsWolowitz Mon 17-Feb-14 20:41:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsWolowitz Mon 17-Feb-14 20:41:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jammiecat Mon 17-Feb-14 20:50:49

Thank-you everyone, it's reassuring to know I'm not alone. It's been so much harder than last time but you're right it's not far to go now. Going to head to bed in a moment with a honey and lemon and hope I feel better tomorrow. And yes may be back for another moan or two before I reach the end!

Good luck to the rest of you too.

scater Mon 17-Feb-14 23:07:31

Hi Jammie

I'm 19 weeks with twins and really suffer on the days when I do lots of walking to and from meetings etc. I think you deserve a moan. All I do is moanwink

Diamondsareagirls Tue 18-Feb-14 08:33:46

Hi jammie I am 30 weeks with twins so can totally appreciate how uncomfortable you feel. Try and take a bit of time to pamper yourself if you can before the babies arrive. Even if it is just an hour out to get your hair cut or have a pedicure. I am desperately hoping the next 6/7 weeks are going to fly by grin

jammiecat Tue 18-Feb-14 09:42:21

Thanks.
Diamonds pampering sounds good. I think I might try that as I don't suppose I'll have much time or money after they arrive!

Mim78 Tue 18-Feb-14 11:50:38

To add to the above:

- Don't worry about the house as it doesn't matter.

- could the cough be something else like acid reflux? Can come on in pregnancy and symptoms can be a cough and feeling rough. Might be worth checking out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now