Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can anyone tell me what happens at the 25 week GP appointment (first baby?)

(13 Posts)
moomin35 Mon 17-Feb-14 14:20:11

Hi, has anyone had a 25 week GP appointment and can you tell me what I should expect. Is it going to be a bit of a quick, "oh you're feeling fine", "good", "see you later " job or will it be/should it be more than that?

SaucyJack Mon 17-Feb-14 14:28:50

From what I remember with DD1 nine years ago..... not much.

givemeaclue Mon 17-Feb-14 14:30:00

Don't think all areas have a gp appointment , just midwives and scans

pmgkt Mon 17-Feb-14 14:31:23

Exactly what you describe hello, how are you? Good bye

Seff Mon 17-Feb-14 14:32:13

"Here are some more leaflets"

MummyPig24 Mon 17-Feb-14 14:36:20

It was a bit nothing tbh. Listened to heartbeat, took blood pressure, tested urine. Good bye, see you soon. That was it.

TheScience Mon 17-Feb-14 14:38:35

I didn't have a GP appointment, but assuming it's the same as a midwife appointment - blood pressure, urine sample, listened to heartbeat.

moomin35 Mon 17-Feb-14 14:50:32

do you know when I should get measured or have iron checks and gestational diabetes checks?

Seff Mon 17-Feb-14 14:58:56

Next blood tests are at 28 weeks AFAIK (28 weeks in second pregnancies anyway)

Mummytobe2014 Mon 17-Feb-14 15:02:34

I had bloods early on and then at 28 weeks which included gd test. Didnt get measured until i started showing but i was having growth scans too so slightly different situation. Mw appts are jst blood pressure, how u feeling, urine test and listening to heartbeat and thats it. I remember booking all my bloods myself so maybe ask ur gp about that as i was given paperwork to take with me.

Elastigrrrl Mon 17-Feb-14 15:50:51

Yes, had my 25 week appt with GP on Friday and it was very quick, though he did feel my (womb? uterus?) and said it felt about the right size. I specifically asked him if we could look at my bloods again because I had low iron and thyroid early on, which he was amenable to, so it's probably a good time to query anything you have concerns about.

TheScience Mon 17-Feb-14 16:41:36

I think they started measuring from 28 weeks. Blood tests for iron at 28 and 36 weeks iirc. I was never checked for diabetes - maybe this only happens if you are overweight or have symptoms?

April13 Mon 17-Feb-14 17:09:56

Mine was just a check up to see how I was and a quick monitor of babies HB. Nothing actually very different from a midwife appointment x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now