Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Can anyone tell me what happens at the 25 week GP appointment (first baby?)

(13 Posts)
moomin35 Mon 17-Feb-14 14:20:11

Hi, has anyone had a 25 week GP appointment and can you tell me what I should expect. Is it going to be a bit of a quick, "oh you're feeling fine", "good", "see you later " job or will it be/should it be more than that?

SaucyJack Mon 17-Feb-14 14:28:50

From what I remember with DD1 nine years ago..... not much.

givemeaclue Mon 17-Feb-14 14:30:00

Don't think all areas have a gp appointment , just midwives and scans

pmgkt Mon 17-Feb-14 14:31:23

Exactly what you describe hello, how are you? Good bye

Seff Mon 17-Feb-14 14:32:13

"Here are some more leaflets"

MummyPig24 Mon 17-Feb-14 14:36:20

It was a bit nothing tbh. Listened to heartbeat, took blood pressure, tested urine. Good bye, see you soon. That was it.

TheScience Mon 17-Feb-14 14:38:35

I didn't have a GP appointment, but assuming it's the same as a midwife appointment - blood pressure, urine sample, listened to heartbeat.

moomin35 Mon 17-Feb-14 14:50:32

do you know when I should get measured or have iron checks and gestational diabetes checks?

Seff Mon 17-Feb-14 14:58:56

Next blood tests are at 28 weeks AFAIK (28 weeks in second pregnancies anyway)

Mummytobe2014 Mon 17-Feb-14 15:02:34

I had bloods early on and then at 28 weeks which included gd test. Didnt get measured until i started showing but i was having growth scans too so slightly different situation. Mw appts are jst blood pressure, how u feeling, urine test and listening to heartbeat and thats it. I remember booking all my bloods myself so maybe ask ur gp about that as i was given paperwork to take with me.

Elastigrrrl Mon 17-Feb-14 15:50:51

Yes, had my 25 week appt with GP on Friday and it was very quick, though he did feel my (womb? uterus?) and said it felt about the right size. I specifically asked him if we could look at my bloods again because I had low iron and thyroid early on, which he was amenable to, so it's probably a good time to query anything you have concerns about.

TheScience Mon 17-Feb-14 16:41:36

I think they started measuring from 28 weeks. Blood tests for iron at 28 and 36 weeks iirc. I was never checked for diabetes - maybe this only happens if you are overweight or have symptoms?

April13 Mon 17-Feb-14 17:09:56

Mine was just a check up to see how I was and a quick monitor of babies HB. Nothing actually very different from a midwife appointment x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: