Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Newly pg and just feel so ill

(6 Posts)
MyNameIsKenAdams Mon 17-Feb-14 11:58:54

sad and it isnt even morning sickness yet.

I ache everywhere, could sleep for England, my ears nose and throat are sore, and a just feel like a lead weight.

Its been three years since I fell pg with DD and I cant remember what it was like in those first few weeks.

Ive taken some ibuprofen and lozenges and am curled up in bed, but am away on a mass family holiday (none of whom know I am pg) so am finding it exhausting "keeping up appearances" so to speak.

Am bush whacked.

Writerwannabe83 Mon 17-Feb-14 12:04:31

Oh God, I remember the days of feeling like sh*t but at least I could hide away in my house - it must be a nightmare having to put on a brave front for everyone, you have my sympathies thanks

Also, I don't think Ibuprofen is supposed to be taken in pregnancy, just check. And I know some lozenges and those kind of cold remedies aren't advised either.

MyNameIsKenAdams Mon 17-Feb-14 12:05:52

Oh bugger....ill just have to pretend Im taking them then(DH and ny Dad popped out to buy them this morning so dont want to just not take them).

MrsFlorrick Mon 17-Feb-14 12:08:31

Yes. No aspirin or ibuprofen whilst pregnant.

Sorry you're feeling so ill and tired. I was worn out like that with my DS. Awful. However with DD I was fine and pretty lively. Disclaimer: not saying its a boy/girl thing. Just that pregnancy is so knackering.

Chin up. It won't last. And do get as much sleep as you can.

eurochick Mon 17-Feb-14 12:34:43

Paracetemol is ok to take.

CloverHeart Mon 17-Feb-14 13:22:59

Keep you chin up and don't suffer if you don't have to! I took paracetamol when I felt like you did 3 weeks ago and it is a complete miracle worker - brings a temp down and kills the throat pain.

Hang in there thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now