Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sickness after drink

(3 Posts)
Jojobagins Mon 17-Feb-14 09:57:23

I'm 25 weeks pregnant and had my first alcoholic drink ( a glass of strawberry and lime cider) yesterday at a friends 30th birthday celebration. I spend the whole of last night running to the toilet. I went through what I had eaten yesterday and everything was fairly normal. The only thing that differed from the norm was this 1 alcoholic drink. Needless to say I won't be having another drink till after the birth.
Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

girlywhirly Mon 17-Feb-14 10:12:11

I firmly believe that your pregnant body tells you what it needs and rejects anything that may be harmful or unnecessary in any way. I drank a cup of strong filter coffee in early pregnancy and threw up shortly after, however very weak instant coffee was fine. Very fatty food did the same on another occasion.

It won't do any harm to avoid foods and drinks that you know will upset you.

LastOneDancing Mon 17-Feb-14 10:55:46

Even half a glass of wine gives me the worst muscle aches. Its just not worth it.

I also feel like I've been run over if I eat a Chinese takeaway or anything too fatty.

By rights I should be about 2 stone lighter at the end of this pregnancy! I wish!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now