Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling a bit less pregnant 10/11 weeks

(8 Posts)
SammyW33 Mon 17-Feb-14 07:03:38

Hi

I've had quite strong pregnancy symptoms over the last 7-9 weeks but these seem to be dropping away. I'm feeling much less sick and much less tired.

Is this normal as I'm approaching second trimester?

I've got my first scan in two weeks but just am a bit uneasy by this shift in physical symptoms.

Thanks

MummyPig24 Mon 17-Feb-14 07:25:54

With my second child I had really sore breasts and nausea weeks 6-9 and then it disappeared. I guess I was lucky because this time round I had awful nausea till week 17.

Pregnancies vary so much, I'm sure everything is just fine :-)

wishingforwillpower Mon 17-Feb-14 07:28:48

Totally normal. You may find from now on you get a few good days then a few bad days, rather than all bad... Try not to worry and congrats!

Fasterkillpussycat Mon 17-Feb-14 07:34:55

I was exactly the same - symptoms seemed to die down so I got really worried and had a private scan. It was all fine (in fact I had morning sickness the day after my scan!). I would not worry - symptoms come and go.

NotWithoutMyMerkin Mon 17-Feb-14 07:39:05

Normal, the placenta is nearly fully developed and taking over hence the calming down of symptoms and sickness

SammyW33 Mon 17-Feb-14 08:17:29

Thank you everyone that's really helpful, I guess I just have to patiently wait out the next two weeks for our scan. Thanks again.

Waggamamma Mon 17-Feb-14 14:27:15

I'm 10+6 today and been so sick and exhausted so far in this pregnancy. But over the weekend I've felt much better, more energy and less nausea and no sickness.

I read it can be around this time that the placenta takes over so start to feel better?

it's worrying for me as I had a mc before, just trying to get by until my scan in two weeks.

SammyW33 Mon 17-Feb-14 15:45:23

Good luck waggamamma I'm sure you will be fine. Let me know. I have my scan in 2 weeks also x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now