Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Backache in bed @ 20 weeks!

(7 Posts)
AngP2585 Sun 16-Feb-14 22:23:07

Hope you can help. I get backache during the night in bed. I am having trouble sleeping as a result. It seems to be in the middle of my back. I am only 20 weeks, I don't have a massive bump. Any tips?

ThePowerOfCake Sun 16-Feb-14 22:49:42

I had this at about the same stage. I found putting a pillow between my knees and sleeping on my side somehow realigned everything.

AngP2585 Sun 16-Feb-14 22:52:02

Thank you. Will try tonight!

mummytobejuly2014 Sun 16-Feb-14 23:27:02

Pillow works for me and sleeping on my left side also :s

AlwaysDancing1234 Mon 17-Feb-14 06:48:02

I'm nearly 22 weeks and getting the same sort of thing, the last couple of days I have tried to sit up straight more during the day and think about my posture when standing, it seems to have helped a bit. Also try to stretch out in bed with extra cushions between my knees or in the small of my back to keep everything in the right place!

LightTripper Mon 17-Feb-14 07:40:16

Pillow between knees while lying on your side is very good! If you are still on your back then I find pillows under the knees are very good for taking the pressure off too.

Also pelvic floor exercises and anything you can do safely to strengthen your core. Is there a Pregnancy Pilates class near you at all? If it's any consolation I put my back out at about 18 weeks but am having no problems to speak of now at 30 weeks, so it can get better even as you get more pregnant!

PuppyMummy Mon 17-Feb-14 08:13:43

do you wear heels?

I found the same thing from about 18 weeks. I wore heels to work. gave in at about 22 weeks and swapped to flats.

its really helped reduce the back pain - it didnt hurt at the time was only later in the eve and in bed...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now