Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dh wants to tell me the gender but I'm not sure :-/

(18 Posts)
K8eee Sun 16-Feb-14 18:56:06

Dh found out at the 20 week scan. I didn't want to know so for the last 15 weeks he's managed to keep it under wraps but really wants to tell me bless him. What should I do?!

SomethingOnce Sun 16-Feb-14 19:03:19

Wow, I'm impressed that he hasn't slipped up in all that time.

I don't know what you should do, but I personally couldn't have DP knowing something I didn't!

ThedementedPenguin Sun 16-Feb-14 19:05:50

Oh how have you lasted this long?

If you want to know then let him tell you but if not then ask him to keep quiet.

ISeeYouShiverWithAntici Sun 16-Feb-14 19:09:09

Do you want to know?

I mean, you won't have that moment of finding out together, will you? It'll be hey it's a girl/boy and you'll be yaaaay and he'll be yup, I know.

So I guess it comes down to do you want that moment of surprise at the birth all by and for yourself? If it matters to you, then ask him to keep quiet. If what you really wanted was that moment to share, then it's gone now so you could spend time talking about names etc.

KatieBurningham Sun 16-Feb-14 19:11:48

I want to find out at the 20 week scan but my husband doesn't want to know. He said I can find out and not tell him, but I don't think I could keep it a secret. How has he kept it a secret for so long? I'm impressed!

K8eee Sun 16-Feb-14 19:12:32

I would love to know, but I don't want any other friends or family knowing and dh has agreed we wouldn't tell anyone if he told me. It would be good to be able to prepare name wise, even though we have spoken about both girl & boy names but it would be so nice to have a little secret just the two of us for a few weeks smile I have no idea how I've coped either but I think because it hasn't bothered me to know I haven't harped on to dh about it but he has things he wants to talk about and I feel as a couple he shouldn't have to hold concerns back from me

ElBombero Sun 16-Feb-14 19:23:46

Mmmmm to be honest, I'd wait... He's abit of a spoil sport wanting to tell you now.

K8eee Sun 16-Feb-14 19:34:18

Too late! gringringringringringrin

MooseBeTimeForSnow Sun 16-Feb-14 19:50:08

What flavour is it then? ��

stripeygreensocks Sun 16-Feb-14 19:52:32

I want to know now too

SomethingOnce Sun 16-Feb-14 19:55:57

I want to know too! Even though there are only two answers and I don't even know you grin

KatieBurningham Sun 16-Feb-14 19:56:36

Exciting!!

K8eee Sun 16-Feb-14 19:57:50

It's a pink one!!!!!!!!!! I sort of had the idea it was going to be a girl from the beginning, not sure why as I have no experience as this is my first but dss is going to be disappointed sad

stripeygreensocks Sun 16-Feb-14 20:00:32

Aww congratulations x

MooseBeTimeForSnow Sun 16-Feb-14 20:08:18

Sweet. Thanks for sharing!

K8eee Sun 16-Feb-14 20:14:14

Thanks smilesmilesmile

SomethingOnce Sun 16-Feb-14 20:15:34

Ah, lovely! (Although a boy would have been equally lovely smile)

K8eee Sun 16-Feb-14 20:24:19

I'm going to say that well known phrase but I really do mean it that I don't mind what it is aslong as it's healthy grin I'm looking forward to seeing how protective dh becomes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now