Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Growth/reassurance scans at 30 ish weeks

(5 Posts)
AlwaysDancing1234 Sun 16-Feb-14 17:04:16

Hello ladies, just wondering if many if you have had private growth/reassurance scans at the FMC (Fetal Medicine Centre in London) or any 2D/3D Babybond type scans at around 30 weeks please??
Had lots of scans early on due to pretty much constant bleeding from 12-19 weeks but now things have settled down and are all normal it is unlikely I'll be needing/getting another NHS scan.
So I was thinking of booking in for a growth/reassurance scan around 30 weeks to fill the gap between 20 week scan and birth but wondering if it's worth it and what they actually check etc. any opinions/reviews welcome. Thanks

BEEwitched Sun 16-Feb-14 17:07:46

Sorry, I haven't had mine yet, but I have booked one for 29 weeks; a scan at that time is standard in the country I'm from and since I've had recurring bleeding and still feel a bit anxious to make sure he's ok I knew I would just feel better if I had the scan.

My appointment is with Babybond, they did our gender scan and were very good; I just wish I could've had one without the 3D!

AlwaysDancing1234 Sun 16-Feb-14 17:26:49

Thanks for your reply BEEwitched I feel the same, after lots of early scans up to 20 weeks I cant imagine having to go the next 20 weeks without one!
We were thinking of going with Babybond so might save up for a couple if weeks and get it booked smile

Bb14 Sun 16-Feb-14 20:24:16

Hi. I had an NHS growth scan at 29 weeks. She checked the heart beat and blood flow in the heart and umbilical cord. She checked The spine and the palate. She then estimated the weight by measuring its femur length, Head circumference and tummy. She told me my low lying placenta had moved and the fluid around the baby was fine. I think that was it. You could see a lot more. It was swallowing the amniotic fluid amazing!

AlwaysDancing1234 Sun 16-Feb-14 21:25:28

Thanks Bb14 - as my early pregnancy problems and bleeding have now thankfully stopped and everything is progressing "as normal" it is apparently unlikely that I will be given another NHS scan so will have to get a private one if we want one. Sounds very worthwhile though, think we'll just have to save the pennies and get one sorted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now