Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Clearblue pregnancy test

(4 Posts)
BumpNGrind Sun 16-Feb-14 10:49:28

Can anyone help please?

Yesterday I got my bfp which was amazing so bought a clear blue digital to see the words in lights. I thought I was 3 weeks gone as I had a period earlier this month (completely normal period, not light) but the clear blue has said I'm 3weeks plus, which my doctor would date as 5 weeks plus.

is it possible that I could have got pregnant but still had my period as normal?

squizita Sun 16-Feb-14 10:51:42

They are not 100% accurate, if your wee is stronger or more diluted it can fluctuate. Doc will date it from last period, but you could ask for a scan at 8 weeks to clarify?

TheOnlySeven Sun 16-Feb-14 18:55:57

As said above GP will just date it from your LMP, that's the point of the dating scan. Honestly those tests cause so much stress and worry they should be banned

K8eee Sun 16-Feb-14 19:20:16

This exact thing happened to me! I'm now 35 weeks and VERY uncomfortable! I had a full on period and didn't realise I was pregnant until I was 5-6 weeks. I realised as my period was a week late.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now