Talk

Advanced search

itchy bump!

(8 Posts)
mixi82 Sat 15-Feb-14 22:33:38

is it normal to have such an itchy bump? i'm 18wks+2 and starting to get bigger so is the stretchy skin making me itch?

Gingeroo Sat 15-Feb-14 22:37:51

I had an itchy bump when I was pregnant. Drove me nuts sometimes but it didn't itch all the time so I think it is normal.

Although if you get severe itching you should speak to your midwife as I believe there is a condition related to your liver which only happens in pregnancy and I think that demonstrates itself through itching.

SweetPea86 Sat 15-Feb-14 23:52:56

Mine gets itchy around the stretch marks and my scar from when I had my belly button piereced it's gone rock hard and it's very itchy.

I've got some nice coco butter creams boots own brand really helps

mixi82 Mon 17-Feb-14 08:02:11

It's just my bump that gets itchy and it's not all the time. I've not been scratching anywhere else

Havinganose Mon 17-Feb-14 08:24:29

I had that. Particularly at night. Do tell midwife - in meantime, apply calamine lotion with cotton wool

Snobble Mon 17-Feb-14 08:35:40

Yeah, mines just started itching. Lost a lot of weight at the beginning due to HG and i think i've just started growing past my previous big belly point, so now its started going really itchy :S

Whack some bio oil on, last thing you want is your skin going dry.

FredFlintstonesSister Mon 17-Feb-14 09:02:09

Keep moisturising. My skin always gets itchy at this time of year due to a winter of layers and central heating. I use a mild body scrub twice a week, a body butter every morning and bio oil or more body butter at night. I've been doing this for most of my pregnancy and kept itching to a minimum. I'm now 39+2 and my skin is pretty soft! No sign of the baby yet though!

mixi82 Mon 17-Feb-14 12:26:16

thanks for the replies. I've been using bio oil every night since the itching, sometimes in the morning and sometimes I use baby oil as recommended by my mum smile seems to be helping doing it in the morning too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now