Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Not sure what this is?

(10 Posts)
catbus Sat 15-Feb-14 19:10:50

Am about 5 weeks pg. Panicking a little now. I have been having shooting/sharp/spiky pains in womb area and up through cervix- bit like when AF is on way.
I felt something start to leak
out so went to loo, expecting there to be blood. Hanging
out of me was a really long and thick load of mucus- yellow mainly and couldn't be sure if any brown in it- was shockingly huge hmm
Also worried as my symptoms are less intense as
of yesterday, although
I felt mildly nauseous again this morning.
Having had a mc and MMC in the past, coupled with being 'older' now, I am feeling paranoid. Not quite sure what to do hmm Any thoughts?

catbus Sat 15-Feb-14 19:23:40

Now with dull cramping/ dragging pains and backache.
I have a feeling this will turn into a MC and am just trying to keep level headed about it sad

mummytobejuly2014 Sat 15-Feb-14 19:35:22

Not wanting to read and run - have you phoned your local EPU?

catbus Sat 15-Feb-14 19:44:39

No, I haven't. I know that 5 weeks is too early to see a HB and my thinking is they'd only want to see me if I was bleeding. Am just not sure how to think or what the hell that was all about sad

Trooperslane Sat 15-Feb-14 19:51:34

Could be implantation. I'd phone epu anyway and of they're hesitating get your dr/NHS24 on the go.

Reinforce your mmc too. If you can get a week or so down the line they should be able to see a Hb.

It's so stressful and worrying. Hand to hold x

catbus Sat 15-Feb-14 20:09:05

Thankyou smile
Thought it'd be a bit late for implantation?
I will wait until the morning and see how the land lies- nearest hospital is a fair way.. Keep having sharp pains up bits and just feel a lot of pressure. I can't remember anything like this from any other pg, tbh- amazing how much you can forget!
I do remember with both losses that I had stomach pains everywhere but the womb area, until I bled- like feeling bruised.

mummytobejuly2014 Sat 15-Feb-14 20:20:20

Ring them up and see what they advise? Help put your mind at ease perhaps xo

LavenderFox Sat 15-Feb-14 20:26:06

Some say that as your womb goes into full pregnancy mode it pushes out old mucus from the cervix and than seals with a new type of mucus until it is time for labour to start? A lot of women see blood in it, which leads to may attending an early scan. Obviously no-one can predict exactly how things will go but it doesn't sound alarming. It is quite normal for the signs to fluctuate, too. Just hang in there x

don't panic too much, I was terrified about the stabby abdominal pains which happened early in all 3 pregnancies! also, I believe increased 'discharge' is normal during pregnancy - hope all is well.

catbus Sat 15-Feb-14 21:37:22

Thanks all. I will call tomorrow if I feel it's getting any worse smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now