Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone go overdue with dc's 1 + 2 etc, then early with next one?

(8 Posts)
Peacenquiet2 Sat 15-Feb-14 18:09:27

Im due c section at 39 + 4 which means ile only be 3 days from due date. I did go over due wih dcs 1/2 so docs are assuming ile automatically reach due date this time but im worrying in case i dont and go early.

Its imperative i dont have a natural labour as i had prolapse repair surgery less than a year ago and labour would completely undo the results of that and put pressure on my internal scars.

I also have quick labours so if i do go into labour before the date it will be an emegency cection done in a rush which scares me as i had complications following my surgery last year which meant i had a massive internal bleed and almost died and would have done if i hadnt been taken back to theatre for an emergency op to stem the bleed.

Docs are saying if i have the section before 39 weeks plus i will have to be given steroids etc for babys lungs which i didnt think was neccessary at that stage? Im due fri14th march and It was meant to be being done 1 week before on 7th but they now have no surgeons on that day and are booked up on the mon so im down for the tuesday.

I feel as though im being fobbed and they arent considering my fears or concerns which ive expressed to several different health professionals.
Im wondering if i should ask to see my gp mw this week and tell her how i feel and see if she can help to bring the date forward slightly but not sure if she has that sort of power?
What would you do? And any advice about labours happening early with subsequent babies would be interesting to hear about

ladythatlunches Sat 15-Feb-14 21:20:38

Hi i was late and induced with baby 1 and 2!

Number 3 waters went at 34 weeks, and she was born.

Peacenquiet2 Sun 16-Feb-14 10:07:21

Thanks for reply lady, that must have ben a shock to start so early when you were induced with first two. Was dc 3 ok?
Im on edge at every twinge and everyone around me is telling me they think ile start early this time which is'nt helpful! Just hope i make c section date.

KnickersOnOnesHead Sun 16-Feb-14 14:18:46

Hmmm dc 1 + 2 were both born 11days overdue. Currently 38 weeks and apart from a show there's no sign of baby #3 arriving anytime soon!

Peacenquiet2 Sun 16-Feb-14 17:26:36

Knickers, when did you have a show? With my two i had a show and had them the same day, are you not feeling worried?

elliejjtiny Mon 17-Feb-14 00:37:50

ds's 1, 2 and 3 were all overdue. With ds4 my waters broke at 35+1 and he was born by C-section 2 days later.

Peacenquiet2 Mon 17-Feb-14 01:48:16

Thanks for reply ellie, its obvious that my concerns arent totallly unfounded and its quite plausable i could go into labour sooner this time. I think i need to see my mw this week. Was dc4 ok born at that gestation or require some intervention?

KnickersOnOnesHead Mon 17-Feb-14 09:56:12

I had no show with the last two. Had a show Saturday and nothing since. I think it's in my head that this baby is going to be late too, hence not feeling worried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now