Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

My bump is changing size, why is this?

(8 Posts)
Jemima1988 Sat 15-Feb-14 13:21:57

Hi, first post on mumsnet!

I'm waiting for a dating scan as I'm unsure on my dates due to having polycystic ovary syndrome but I'm probably about 6/7 weeks.

Firstly for those dates my bump is huge, it's noticable and I'm sure it shouldn't be for a good few weeks. It also goes quite a bit bigger in the evenings.

It's my first pregnancy so sorry if this is a stupid question.

purplebaubles Sat 15-Feb-14 13:25:10

First pregnancy? Sorry, but more likely to be wind/bloating than a bump! Proper bumps don't show til about 15+ weeks. (can be as early as 9 weeks in future pg's, but that's because the muscles have already been stretched/damaged)

In my first pg, I think I almost wished myself a bump (if that makes sense!) and it was definitely bloating!

KitKat1985 Sat 15-Feb-14 13:48:39

I was definitely very bloated the first few weeks of pregnancy, giving a 'bump' type look. This is why your 'bump' will change size a bit depending how bloated you are. It's fairly normal I think so I wouldn't worry about it.

Mummyk1982 Sat 15-Feb-14 15:05:53

I would agree- bloat!! My mum used to comment on my pot belly during early pregnancy but knowing now (35+3) what my bump feels like (solid as a rock) and knowing what my belly felt like early on, it really mostly was bloat til about 16 weeks or so. It felt firm but had some give, and I was a lot bigger in the evenings than in the mornings. Now I'm just big all day every day! Lol!

Plateofcrumbs Sat 15-Feb-14 15:53:52

At 18 weeks the size of my bump still varies drastically between morning and evening and from one day to the next.

SicknSpan Sat 15-Feb-14 16:28:14

I'm 25 weeks and my bump is noticeably bigger at the end of the day. I just put it down to muscles relaxing and stretching with gravity!

Scotmum83 Sat 15-Feb-14 20:16:57

I was really bloated in early pregnancy and looked like I had a bump too. You may be further along than you think if like me you weren't having periods. I thought I was 4 weeks but was closer to 9 when I had an early scan!

K8eee Sat 15-Feb-14 23:19:10

Yep, defo bloating. I'm 35 weeks tomorrow and I thought in the early days I had a bump but definitely not now I know what this feels like. As with another poster, my bump is hard and blood uncomfortable!!! If your a front or back sleeper make the most of it! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now