We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early pregnancy nerves

(5 Posts)
ClaireBrom12 Sat 15-Feb-14 12:51:34

Hiya, hope all are ok!! I'm goin through a bit of a tough time at the mo and was wondering if anyone would give me there advice or even there thoughts...I found out that I was pregnant about 6 weeks ago round about. Everything was going fine until I started bleeding about 2 weeks after I found out, I went to the doctors an they told me to go a have a scan to make sure everything was ok, so I went along an they said that they couldn't see anything as it was probably to early, but said that they could see that it has gone into the womb which is a good sign! So they told me to come back in 10 days, so I went back feelin nervous, and they said that they could see the sac but no yolk, and to prepare yourself for the worse which you could imagine I was so scared! They asked me again to go back for another scan a week later by this time I wasn't sleeping, worried sick didn't know what to think! I went back had another scan an this time they said that they could see a yolk sac this time but are still tellin me that it could still not be a healthy pregnancy so my mind now is all over the place I don't know what to think what to do etc!! They told me to go back next to have another look an see which they will offer me treatment if i need it....I just don't know what to think an do I keep gettin mixed messages from them one minute it's good then bad then good then bad! Sorry to have gone on...thanks for readin this x

KitKat1985 Sat 15-Feb-14 13:43:37

Sorry you are having such a horrendous time at the moment. I can't imagine how upsetting and frustrating this all is for you. As you said you found out you were pregnant about 6 weeks ago I assume that makes you about 10 weeks now, give or take a few days. At this point they should clearly be able to tell if there's a heartbeat or not and give you some more definitive answers, so if I think you need to phone them and clarify if they found a heartbeat or not, as really they should have told you at the last scan and not left you in limbo.

I hope you get good news. xx

wishingforwillpower Sat 15-Feb-14 13:47:39

Sorry what a stressful time you are having, I can't imagine how you must feel. I agree with pp, from your OP it sounds like you must be at least 8 weeks pregnant now and to the best of my knowledge by this stage a heartbeat should certainly be showing on a scan. I agree you should contact the hospital and clarify whether they have seen a heartbeat yet or not.
Good luck thanks

mrsnec Sat 15-Feb-14 13:50:42

Hi, I had this before and the first thing they did after the 'empty' scan - their words not mine was check my blood to see if my hcg level matched my dates. When the hcg level put me at 6 weeks when I thought I was 10 they said they wouldn't have seen anything anyway. It was good for me at the time as I didn't want to see a blank screen again at that point.

ClaireBrom12 Sat 15-Feb-14 19:28:14

Thank you for your replys! The last time I went they said that I measured 5weeks!! Just so frustrating I don't know whether I'm coming or going!!! Thanks again means a lot x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now