Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Upset tummy and the fear

(30 Posts)
AuntieBrenda Sat 15-Feb-14 11:39:33

Just found out I'm pg, lmp was 15th jan.
For the last couple of days I've had a really upset stomach - griping pains, needing the loo etc
Is this normal in early pg? I can't remember what it was like with DS
It's getting me worried tbh and that's probably making my upset stomach worse
Any advice/ experience?
TIA

GingerMaman Sat 15-Feb-14 11:46:11

I had upset tummy and excruciating tummy pain for two months of pregnancy until 13-14 weeks when things settle down. I think it was just all the change. All the best smile x

KitKat1985 Sat 15-Feb-14 11:47:35

No, I had an upset stomach the first few weeks as well. Unless it's becoming a major problem, I wouldn't worry too much. Mine eased off by the time I was 5-6 weeks. xx

AuntieBrenda Sat 15-Feb-14 14:57:24

Thanks both - I did a cheapo pg test earlier just to reassure myself and it was neg so I feel even worse now sad

Rockchick1984 Sat 15-Feb-14 15:47:00

If you didn't do it with FMU I wouldn't worry - even of anything had gone wrong you would still get positive pregnancy tests so either it was a faulty test or your urine was too dilute.

I've always suffered with upset stomach throughout the first trimester, I think its my body's version of morning sickness!

AuntieBrenda Sat 15-Feb-14 16:44:42

Right I am on the verge of losing it now - I did a clear blue digital just now and it was negative. It's over I think. I'm fucking gutted sad

KitKat1985 Sat 15-Feb-14 17:01:03

Like rockchick said if it wasn't FMU it may well have just been too dilute to pick up the levels of HCG hormone. Try again with FMU in a day or two. Don't despair yet. xx

AuntieBrenda Sat 15-Feb-14 17:15:17

I just don't know what to think I'm hiding in my bedroom at the moment - DH keeps trying to talk to me but I've sent him to go,play with DS. I just feel so sad sad
Thank you for your kindness x

Rockchick1984 Sat 15-Feb-14 18:55:16

Auntiebrenda when I had a miscarriage it took 3 weeks for me to get a negative pregnancy test - if you have had no bleeding then your HCG levels wouldn't have started dropping even if things have gone wrong. Please stop doing tests that aren't first morning urine!

PenguinsEatSpinach Sat 15-Feb-14 19:02:47

Hang on, you are max what 4+3? You could easily be getting negatives at this time of day. When I miscarried it took at least a fortnight for tests to change. And I don't see why they would before any bleeding at all.

Try and calm down and do a test first thing tomorrow. smile

AuntieBrenda Sat 15-Feb-14 19:45:46

Sorry that you miscarried Penguins
The negatives coupled with the stomach issues and the pains have got me spiralling a bit
Thank you for the kind words xx

PenguinsEatSpinach Sat 15-Feb-14 19:58:49

It is ok. It was a long time ago now.

Try and rest and see what the morning brings. smile

AuntieBrenda Sat 15-Feb-14 20:03:14

I will - thank you x

AuntieBrenda Sat 15-Feb-14 20:03:57

Thanks to all who have taken time to reply - I'm alone here now so I appreciate the virtual company!

hubbahubster Sat 15-Feb-14 22:07:53

What the others said. Both my losses have brought up positives for weeks, it's unlikely that you'd be getting negatives before any sign of passing the pregnancy. Test in the morning and avoid the Clearblue - those digital tests can be tricksy. Good luck.

AuntieBrenda Sun 16-Feb-14 07:46:43

I'm up. Going to have to go do it.

GingerRodgers Sun 16-Feb-14 07:57:09

Are you ok op?

Fasterkillpussycat Sun 16-Feb-14 08:01:34

Good luck op.

AuntieBrenda Sun 16-Feb-14 08:21:55

Still lying here. I know this is not the worst thing anyone's had to do but I am scared. What if it's neg? What do I do? So I need to go to the dr? All this is making me annoyed at myself I'm being a pathetic drama llama. I am going to do it now before everyone gets up.

AuntieBrenda Sun 16-Feb-14 08:27:07

Negative. What now?

WeAreDetective Sun 16-Feb-14 08:28:45

No idea but I just wanted to give you a big online hug.

So sorry

AuntieBrenda Sun 16-Feb-14 08:31:17

Thanks x

snoggle Sun 16-Feb-14 08:35:03

When did you get the positive test, and was the one you just used the same?
I would wait another couple of days and test again.
Sorry, I have had a few false starts and know its a worrying time.

HaveTeaWillSurvive Sun 16-Feb-14 08:46:31

Auch I was hoping for you it would be positive and put your mind at rest. I'm sure a POAS expert will be along with knowledgable advice but have a virtual hug anyway ()

AuntieBrenda Sun 16-Feb-14 08:47:21

I had the+ on a clear blue digital last week. It said 1-2 weeks.
Tbh I think I had a chemical pg.
do I need to go to the dr now? I don't know what to do - I don't think I can just sit and wait IYSWIM

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now