Talk

Advanced search

baby carrier/sling for larger mothers?

(11 Posts)
qazxc Sat 15-Feb-14 10:14:44

I'm a size 20/22 and an apple shape (big tummy and boobs) and am wondering if anybody has any recommendations on a baby sling/carrier suitable from newborn?

Cariad007 Sat 15-Feb-14 11:32:55

If you get one of those stretchy wrap type slings then I think you can adjust it depending on your size. I bought a Liberty Sling from eBay which seems good, although baby is yet to arrive. They do them in standard, large and extra-large sizes so that might be worn looking at?

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BABY-SLING-STRETCHY-WRAP-CARRIER-BIRTH-3-yrs-BREASTFEEDING-/230801051488?pt=UK_Baby_Carriers&var=&hash=item35bcd08f60

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Sat 15-Feb-14 11:44:24

Will give you a tip for any sling, I had a moby wrap now use a mai Thai, am an 18 with j cup boobs.
tie the first straps under your boobs not at your waist.
I spent a while going, why won't this work,the baby is so low down, then tied it under my boobs and never had an issue, every single sling instructions will say tie at your waist.

Inglori0us Sat 15-Feb-14 14:20:57

The Ergo can have a waist strap extension. The carrier is expensive but really comfy and has a very good position for the baby.

MummyPig24 Sat 15-Feb-14 15:55:05

I'm a 16 with H cup boobs and I've got a close caboo. It's stretchy so kind of one size fits all.

PotteringAlong Sat 15-Feb-14 16:01:16

Google your nearest sling library and see if you can go along - you can hire and try one and they'll give you some of the best advice.

anothernumberone Sat 15-Feb-14 16:02:42

Second a sling library but I also think a mei tei or woven wrap might work.

crashbangboom Sat 15-Feb-14 16:03:19

Tula. Manduca. Beco gemini Patapum (cheap to get secondhand) all fitted.

Ergo didn't.

Close carrier fine also.

gruber Sat 15-Feb-14 20:50:52

Close Caboo. Also a woven wrap (tricky but it fits my husband, 6'4 and "sturdy"), we have a Calin Bleu in large. Also have Manduca. Agree with previous poster, you should be fine with a stretchy (Moby etc) but I found close Caboo easiest as nothing to wrap/tie etc.

andadietcoke Sat 15-Feb-14 20:53:22

Yep, Close Caboo says it goes up to 20/22 on the box. Easy to get the hang of as well. They're always on ebay for £25 or so - entirely fabric so will wash well.

EeyoreIsh Sat 15-Feb-14 20:55:56

We've got a hana baby wrap, it fits my DH who is quite large around the tummy. You can easily wrap it at various points.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now