Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

carpal tunnel

(6 Posts)
slatz82 Fri 14-Feb-14 20:24:52

Hello all - I am due tomorrow and really suffering from pains in both hands. Can anyone suggest anything I can do to ease the pain
thanks

feelinlucky Fri 14-Feb-14 20:27:16

I had it in pregnancy. Go to the pharmacy and get wrist supports. They work wonders. Congratulations smile

jammiecat Sat 15-Feb-14 11:40:25

Just to add another vote for a wrist splint, but do get one with a metal insert like this one: www.amazon.co.uk/Fortuna-FORTUNA-WRIST-SPLINT-M/dp/B0042KGVGQ to keep your wrist in the right position. In my experience all the pain disappeared once I gave birth last time. Fingers crossed it's the same this time!

mistermakersgloopyglue Sat 15-Feb-14 12:19:10

Hi, this is really unhelpful but when I had it the only thing that got rid of the pain was giving birth! I tried the wrist supports, ice packs, all sorts.

If its any consolation I am 38 weeks pregnant and haven't had it at all this time so you might escape next time!

Inglori0us Sat 15-Feb-14 14:22:51

You can use ibuprofen gel. My CT actually got worse after birth (sorry!) but I think it's unusual.

MummytoMog Sat 15-Feb-14 23:46:23

Heat pads are great, and soaking your hands in hot salted water. Dose up on paracetamol as well - it should pass when you give birth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now