Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hospital bag

(13 Posts)
MrsLadyL Fri 14-Feb-14 19:40:52

Hey when is the rite time or is there a rite time to start prepping you're hospital bag?
Thank you

Iworrymyselftosleep Fri 14-Feb-14 19:46:37

Well I left it far too late last time and ended up waddling around tesco throwing anything and everything eith a baby picture or the word baby on it in a trolley on the way to the hospital after my waters broke. Tbf ds was prem and we were moving house - that day - but even so it left me feeling so unprepared. This time, I intend to have it packed really early. I was kept in a while last time and really wished I had deodorant and a razor as well as all the obvious baby stuff.

So I'm going to pack my bag really early and keep it out of the way. I'm 15 weeks now and will have it packed in the next few weeks to benefit from my panic last time...

AndHarry Fri 14-Feb-14 19:51:34

I did my two at around 32 weeks. I loved doing it and I felt easier knowing it was ready.

April13 Fri 14-Feb-14 19:52:35

Lol. 37 weeks and still not packed....

longleggedlady Fri 14-Feb-14 19:56:46

What did you include?

mrsmugoo Fri 14-Feb-14 19:57:07

35 weeks - I've got all the stuff, just need to actually pack it. Am going to get my DH to do it so he knows what's going in the bag and what it's all for. He has no idea that nipple cream even exists right now....

MrsLadyL Fri 14-Feb-14 20:07:45

I'm 25 weeks with number 2 my daughter was born at 29 weeks so had no bag or prepared at all... Think I want to do one soon just to be on the safe side. Like you have said had no razor ect and was in 3 days prior to her actually being born.

BartBaby Sat 15-Feb-14 07:31:10

Oh dear i had forgot to out deodorant and razor on my list!

I'm nearly 33 weeks and have started getting most if the things, just need to pack it. I will do this in the next week or 2.

dobedobedo Sat 15-Feb-14 07:44:01

The next payday I'm going to buy all the bits I need for it and pack then. I'll be 30/31 weeks.

VashtaNerada Sat 15-Feb-14 07:49:41

Top tip - bottle of water and a straw. Because, trust me, holding a cup becomes way too complicated when things get going!

weebairn Sat 15-Feb-14 07:50:11

37 weeks last time I think. Then twiddled my fingers for 4 weeks…

I had a home birth in the end but it was fab having everything in one bag when I needed DP or my mum to fetch me things! Ooh I loved packing that bag.

EeyoreIsh Sat 15-Feb-14 07:52:02

I would suggest packing extra knickers and maternity pads, as you'll get through more than you can imagine.

A nice towel and shampoo etc for the lovely post birth shower.

TheOnlySeven Sat 15-Feb-14 15:54:50

I do mine around 32 weeks, I've had 3 born at 35 weeks so wouldn't leave it too late. If you've delivered early before I'd do it soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now