Talk

Advanced search

piles :( suggestions pls ladies!!

(6 Posts)
Eternity84 Fri 14-Feb-14 09:45:42

So I am 38+5 and omg I wake up today with what I can only say must be piles!! I darent Google and not sure if I need to see GP or midwife?
I have some lidocaine cream so hope this is safe to use. Other than this, what else can I do? I'm not constipated although am on iron tablets so guess not as regular as I was :/ lol
Any self help remedies and I guess going into labour with piles is ok? Lol will it heal on its own? It's a bit throbbing but no real pain yet. I thought piles was something common after labour, not before!! My poor body wants a break lol

anydreamwilldo Fri 14-Feb-14 14:26:20

Freeze some ice cubes, wrap one in a wet wipe and apply to pile while you lie on your side for 10 minutes. Will ease the pain, shrink them a bit. They usually last about 3 days. Take paracetamol if it gets worse. They are horrible. Hope you feel better soon.

Sid77 Fri 14-Feb-14 14:41:24

If they get worse, go to the GP who can prescribe some steroid cream. Mw, I don't think, can prescribe. You can get off the shelf cream like germaloid or anusol. Lie down as much as poss - do not strain when you go to the loo. I'm sure they will go away before you labour, but do all you can to ensure they don't return. Drink a lot of water (a lot) and eat lots of fruit and veg. Hopefully they will go away and won't come back!!

Suzietwo Sat 15-Feb-14 20:12:38

Prune juice and Antihistimes

K8eee Sat 15-Feb-14 21:38:28

This is going to probably sound stupid, but I got a terrible dose of them last week and I'm sure it's because the baby has been pushing down and kicking my bowel. I think the 4/5 pound in my stomach pushing down and gravity doing it's thing has made them appear hmm finally I got myself some anusol yesterday after the pharmacist giving me a grilling in the aisle of boots - no bloody privacy confused

greentshirt Sat 15-Feb-14 22:22:36

Its the straining that does it, not so much the kicking on the bowel!

I've had a dose this week too and got some of the boots own cream and some wipe things. The piles themselves im not so bothered about, but omg the pain! It eased off almost straight after using the cream for the first time. Dread to think what they will be like after labour!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now