Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant after IVF and OHSS?

(4 Posts)
TheBuggerlugs Fri 14-Feb-14 09:22:58

Hello I'm looking for any women who are pregnant after IVF who over stimulated to tell me about your experience of pain from BFP onwards.

I found out I'm pregnant on Wednesday and since Sunday have had strong period pains in the night that have woken me up. Last night they were so severe I was on all fours begging my husband to get an ambulance. It felt like my cervix was being ripped out and my womb was doing the tango. The pain subsided and is now a dull ache.

The clinic have said It's too early to do a scan or any further tests. My stomach isn't bloated but I am dehydrated I think as I hardly drank anything yesterday.

Has anyone had a similar experience? In In hoping these pains are normal but after 2 mc's and a cp I know they probably aren't.

FrankelInFoal Fri 14-Feb-14 09:49:58

Oh Bugs sorry to hear you're still suffering. I can't offer any advice but am here to hand hold. At the risk of sounding like a patronising cah, have you been taking paracetamol and using hot water bottles? Is the pain only at night or constant?

Might be worth trying the IVF preggo thread for more traffic?

(((Hugs)))

CaipirinhasAllRound Fri 14-Feb-14 10:13:56

Hi Buggerlugs
I'm pregnant after IVF and had a touch of OHSS and was massively bloated but it gradually subsided after embryo transfer and so it's never affected me during pregnancy luckily.
Can you take anything for the pain? I think I was allowed co-codamol after treatment
Big congrats on your pregnancy x

TheBuggerlugs Fri 14-Feb-14 11:27:25

HI both thank you for responding. I couldn't find the pregnant after IVF thread Frank but admittedly didn't look very hard.

I've been taking paracetamol and moved onto the co-codamol last night but only the over counter strength. Hot water bottles were on the banned list after ET so I don't want to use one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now