Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling so sick - how do I know if it's HG?

(6 Posts)
MrsGiraffe12 Thu 13-Feb-14 20:03:45

Title says it all.

I'm 10+4, and since I've been pregnant I'm being sick lots. Some days it's after everything I eat, other days I can eat but am just randomly sick and gag randomly. I've not had many days where I'm not sick at all, and I've lost 10lbs since I found out, and it's making me exshausted.

How do I draw the line between normal morning sickness and HG?

Thanks ladies x

Beccadugs Thu 13-Feb-14 20:11:19

You could talk to your GP, but it sound like it to me.

Are you taking any meds? Also do go jointhe HGsupport thread. They are amazing and were great when I had HG until about 28 weeks (still on meds now!)

MrsGiraffe12 Thu 13-Feb-14 20:19:56

The only medication I'm taking is my folic acid, other vitamin they recommend (can't remember the name) and my aspirin to prevent (hopefully) pre eclampsia again.

Some days go by when I'm not sick but I'm nauseaus a day. Always thirsty, and my mouth always seems to be full of dribble (gross I know) x

SweetPea86 Thu 13-Feb-14 20:19:59

I went to the docs and they never said if I had HG or morning sickness, but I'm 32 weeks and still sick and feel sick most of the time. I think it's HG coz normal sickness should just let up after 12-16, weeks.

Really feel for you it's so depressing it's took over my life. 9 weeks left for me I just can't wait to feel normal again. Not even asking for normal just not to be or feel sick anymore lol

SweetPea86 Thu 13-Feb-14 20:21:26

I was on Meds if your feeling it's effecting your day to day go see doctor. They didn't stop my sickness but the stopped it from 8to 15 times a day to about 5.

isisisis Thu 13-Feb-14 20:47:15

I think some people say it's when you lose 10% of your starting body weight, some when you can't carry out normal functions. It sounds like you might be heading for both.
Go get help now. I didn't & I paid for it. I was a lot weaker than I needed to be before I started antiemetics & never really caught back up. The pregnancy sickness website is good, as is the HG thread on here. I also used Maggie Howells coping with morning sickness hypnosis cd (didn't cut down the sickness but made me feel like I could cope better). If I can find it I'm quite happy to post it to you if you pm me your address.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now