Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone got potty shits at 36 weeks plus?

(18 Posts)
Peacenquiet2 Thu 13-Feb-14 17:12:38

Ok, so had my 36 week scan today as im having c section. All was well and i asked tech if he wud just double check the sex, i had a scan at 16 and 20 weeks and both said boy and to me at the 16 week scan it was obvious!

However when he looked he said legs were pretty squashed up but he did put scanner on the bum area so we could look and there were 3 lines that looked just like girl parts and no sign of a willy. He wouldnt commit either way.

Im wondering if the scroum was what we saw, but it was like the outer lips of a vagina as they were long and narrow but im not sure what a scrotum would look like at this point either!

Anyone any idea? Or pics?

Peacenquiet2 Thu 13-Feb-14 17:13:34

Lol! Sorry about the thread title, was obviously meant to say shots, not shits! :-P

Writerwannabe83 Thu 13-Feb-14 17:13:59

I'm confused about what Potty Shits are? grin

Writerwannabe83 Thu 13-Feb-14 17:14:55

lol - cross posted!!

I was expecting a thread about diarrhoea grin

Peacenquiet2 Thu 13-Feb-14 17:25:43

:-P i know writer, i need to double check my posts first!

x0gawjus0x Thu 13-Feb-14 17:30:56

After 12 week scan I swear I could see balls I had a pic of right Invetween the legs, but could clearly see a vagina from my 16 week 20 week and 34 week scans, I suppose they can still get it wrong sometimes? Maybe book a private don't tell them what you've been told and ask their opinion x

Legalbaby79 Thu 13-Feb-14 20:49:28

Oh goodness I m now panicking ....I had 3 little lines and they said a girl ... My house is now a pink paradise don't think I could bear it if they got it wrong confused

SaucyJack Thu 13-Feb-14 21:08:16

Hahaha! I was just about to wash your mouth out.

Cariad007 Fri 14-Feb-14 07:15:49

LMAO, I totally thought this thread was about diarrhoea!!!

Peacenquiet2 Fri 14-Feb-14 09:40:02

Lol! ;-)

Legababy i wouldnt worry about it too much, they are right more often than wrong. It just made me double think things as the parts looked so girl like yesterday and the tech wouldnt comment either way!

It seems that gender spotting at a later stage isnt all that common though....

Peacenquiet2 Fri 14-Feb-14 09:44:30

Xogawjus the scan yesterday looked like either squashed up long balls or labia and i know they can look similar at later stages but there was no willy, maybe it was tucked between his chubby legs as they said baby already between 7/8 pounds!

Im all prepped for a little boy now and got my heart set on him so id be a bit =-O if it came out a girl!

Misty9 Fri 14-Feb-14 09:49:08

Well I've got 32wk scan this morning so will report back smile three scans have said girl and dh would be devastated if it was a boy now..

Peacenquiet2 Fri 14-Feb-14 10:12:59

Thanks misty, see if the parts look like a turtle or a hamburger and let me know plz. I wasnt even allowed a pic yesterday as they were rushing due to appointments running over so i cant double check anything! And hope scan goes well :-)

x0gawjus0x Fri 14-Feb-14 15:29:13

I had another scan today, she described the hamburger to my nan blush I don't know how to upload pic but it really does look like two little buns with a thin burger in between, if I was given a pic and had to guess what I was having id definAtely say girl it looks identical to this

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5272/itsagirl.jpg

X

LavenderFox Fri 14-Feb-14 15:50:27

The problem with boys is that 'thingy' could always be pointing upwards and out of view. Baby girls don't have full grown small labia, just the hamburger of the large labia and a slit between. But then again the clitoral bud can sometimes be quite big and confuse things.... Scans are notoriously hard to interpret.

Peacenquiet2 Fri 14-Feb-14 17:23:48

xogawjus i cant get the link to work, do i need to cut n paste? how far on are you now?

lavenderfox, thats totally what we saw, 2 thin lips with just a line between so in effect was 3 lines in a row but cant help thinking that when my dp is lied in bed with his balls squashed and poking out backwards it sorta looks a bit like that to (sorry fir tmi)!

Just wish the tech yesterday would have tried to look further or even confirmed boy instead if rushing us!!

Misty9 Fri 14-Feb-14 18:01:26

Well I'm afraid I couldn't make much out, let alone any bits! But they said girl as couldn't see anything between legs. So we won't return the pink stuff just yet wink

Peacenquiet2 Fri 14-Feb-14 18:12:28

Thanks for reply misty. Sounds as though its a girl :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now