Talk

Advanced search

make up removal during pregnancy

(12 Posts)
RoRo888 Thu 13-Feb-14 16:50:36

hi ladies
is it ok to use make up cleanser while pregnant ,, as that of L'oreal for example ??

UriGeller Thu 13-Feb-14 16:54:39

Why wouldn't it be?

KoalaFace Thu 13-Feb-14 16:55:09

shock This never even occured to me! I just carried on using all my usual skincare throughout both my pregnancies. DC2 due on Monday so a bit late now...

RoRo888 Thu 13-Feb-14 17:05:55

http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/flash/c_preg
the info in this link scared me !!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 13-Feb-14 17:06:34

WTF?

ChicaMomma Thu 13-Feb-14 17:13:40

Buy organic stuff without those ingredients if you are worried. If not, continue to use the regular stuff (like 99% of the population do). The paraben etc debate will run and run so you just need to make a personal call on it. I have 6 fabulous nieces and nephews all who were 'in utero' while lancome etc etc were used so i doubt it is an issue- but if you think it is, switch to natural products, simples. Me- i use a mixture of natural/lancome type products..

squizita Thu 13-Feb-14 17:14:42

Go to the NHS choices page and search there. Underneath, there's a place where you can ask and a professional will answer with accurate info.

This was a post by some non-medical folk googling long words with no understanding of (a) the amounts found in things and (b) how they are absorbed. Pure panic. If you're going to fill a car with petrol, breathe in an inner city, wear high street bought clothes etc' your exposed to so many things daily.

Literally EVERYTHING is dangerous according to Dr Google.

sarahquilt Thu 13-Feb-14 17:18:51

??? Cleanser is fine.

SweetPea86 Thu 13-Feb-14 17:23:34

I'm not even reading that link because it's just scaring pregnant women and as if we haven't got enough to worry about. I can't see it being a problem unless your drink it,

If we had to avoid every thing we wouldn't be able to walk out side breathing in petrol fumes .

Will be fine smile

x0gawjus0x Thu 13-Feb-14 17:24:56

I have been.. O.o think its fine .. X

RoRo888 Thu 13-Feb-14 17:26:24

thanks all for replies smile
my cleanser contain paraben
really google make everything around is dangerous :/

moomin35 Fri 14-Feb-14 14:27:53

a friend of mine swore off all makeup, body sprays and perfume etc whilst pregnant. I am a first time mum to be so may well eat my words but just remember thinking at the time what a lot of cr@p(!) and that she looked a mess!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now