Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Exercise what's ok to carry on with

(13 Posts)
littlehelp Thu 13-Feb-14 15:10:51

Hi all 6 weeks with 3rd baby and after my 2nd 7months ago I've really been into the gym, I think most is ok to carry on with but not 100% if anyone can help!
At the moment I'm doing the following classes
Step
Stability ball(focuses on core)
Body pump
Spin
Body attack
smile

Rockchick1984 Thu 13-Feb-14 15:18:24

Speak to the class instructors, they will tell you what you can continue with and give you adjusted movements if necessary smile

Belle2808 Thu 13-Feb-14 15:32:48

I checked this straight away with go and midwife and both said anything u have been doing before is fine to carry on with, obv u have to be careful of falling over etc but I'm 40+6 (and demented) and taught my last dance class the other day, just making sure you stay hydrated and have plenty of snacks I found in the early stages I could get a bit lightheaded but it's been good for me to keep going obv everyone is different. Hope this helps x

Belle2808 Thu 13-Feb-14 15:33:04

Meh gp*

littlehelp Thu 13-Feb-14 15:50:11

I did ask one instructor and she wasn't sure and to get professional advise lol
Just want to keep fit so I don't have a huge amount to loose after baby,
Like you say keep drinking plenty and snacks are good idea as I do feel light headed sometimes shock

misog2000 Thu 13-Feb-14 15:55:02

I think anything you normally do is ok, certainly the midwife said I am ok to carry on riding and looking after my horse as I normally would, just be guided by how I feel in myself

HazleNutt Thu 13-Feb-14 15:59:31

If you are used to those classes then they should all be fine, at least for now.
In 2nd trimester, you will probably want to start using some modifications, like the low options in Attack.
Ask your Bodypump instructor, there are special pregnancy options for pump, like putting bench on incline and modifying some exercises, but you don't need those yet at 6 weeks. (I was still teaching pump 9 months pregnant, so certainly fine to do).
Step might get uncomfortable when the belly starts growing, so take it easy and your body will tell you when to stop. You might also need to modify some of the stability ball exercises, like if you are doing a lot of crunches.

Belle2808 Thu 13-Feb-14 16:14:46

Isn't she the professional lol?? Agree with hazelnut certain things will get more difficult but u will know yourself as bump gets bigger. I would say I have been stunned at the amount of weight I have put on (3 stone) considering I've been working out but it seems to be all baby so hopefully it should be easy enough to lose x

littlehelp Thu 13-Feb-14 16:33:58

Thank you for all the advise
smileXxx

littlehelp Thu 13-Feb-14 16:34:28

How long you have left?

wm3010 Thu 13-Feb-14 17:27:02

I was told the same, keep up things you were doing before and listen to your body. Have done aerobics and body balance regularly until now (28 weeks). My instructor has been great but the only thing I would say is be aware about not getting carried away - sometimes it feels fine at the time and you suffer later. Also, look into the stuff about your stomach muscles separating so you can make sure you avoid exercises that can exacerbate the problem. That was one thing I didn't really know about before and was really glad of some guidance on.

Belle2808 Thu 13-Feb-14 18:50:08

I'm currently 6 days overdue hmm makes me sad I'm ready for this baby to come and call me a saddo but I can't wait to have a major dance workout! Totally sweat it out and be in agony afterwards!! X

littlehelp Thu 13-Feb-14 20:21:02

Spd might well ruin my plans if it comes again which I think it will but worse

Belle 6 days over I feel you pain I was 4 days over with dd and I think the only thing that set labour off was being so upset that nothing was happening after a lot of hysterical crying she arrived next day!!
All the best!!!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now