Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Whooping cough jab- how long was your arm sore for?

(11 Posts)
PenguinsEatSpinach Thu 13-Feb-14 09:33:54

I had my whooping cough jab on Tuesday. This is DC3, but wasn't part of the programme for the first two so it's new to me.

By Wednesday morning my arm was really sore and stiff and I still today can't lift it above my shoulder easily.

Just wondered, for those who've had this, how long any effects have lasted?

schmalex Thu 13-Feb-14 09:39:23

Mine was sore for a good 3 or 4 days. I also couldn't lift it above shoulder height at first.

LastOneDancing Thu 13-Feb-14 09:39:53

I had mine on a Tuesday and felt really achey all over until the Saturday I think - I know it was a good few days.

PenguinsEatSpinach Thu 13-Feb-14 09:42:57

Thanks. 3-4 days I can manage. Just helps to know that there might be an end in sight!

Cariad007 Thu 13-Feb-14 09:44:08

About 3 days but it wasnt agonising - just achy and meant I could lift it very high and had to sleep on my right side.

PenguinsEatSpinach Thu 13-Feb-14 09:45:46

I know, it's the sleeping thing that is killing me. Back is out (can't breathe), front is out (obviously), now left side is out because of the arm. Right shoulder now all sore this morning because I had to lie on it all night!

Thanks for the responses.

Jellybellyrbest Thu 13-Feb-14 10:48:04

Bloody ages! AND I bruised. A colleague gave me mine & it was nothing to do with her technique. Sometimes it's the solution/preservatives in the mix that cause the pain…..

Tomkat79 Thu 13-Feb-14 10:51:43

I had mine Tuesday and it's ok to lift arm but it's boiling hot and raised around the injection site. Thought would be fine as didn't hurt on the day!

BluegrassLass Thu 13-Feb-14 11:09:12

Can you have this jab whilst pregnant, or do you have wait til after giving birth?

Tomkat79 Thu 13-Feb-14 11:11:09

They are recommending it between 28-32 weeks pregnant to offer immunity to baby for first 2 months.

Misty9 Thu 13-Feb-14 13:56:11

Mine was achey for two days and also couldn't lift it very high. I felt like crap for the rest of the day after having it but, two days later, I feel fine now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now