Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Aargghhhhhhhhh leg cramps!!

(6 Posts)
Hellymummy Wed 12-Feb-14 21:22:12

Sat on floor playing with my four year old and all of a sudden my leg got a cramp! All the back of my leg went rock hard and it hurt so bad! I walked on it for a bit then it went but hours later it still hurt in that area! Anyone else??

FraterculaArctica Wed 12-Feb-14 21:26:37

Yes - mine've been doing that since fairly early in pregnancy, still happening now at 35 weeks. Only happens at night for me though. When it's really bad it hurts for 2-3 days afterwards. Have got better at managing the agonising pain though, hoping this is good practice for labour?!

SicknSpan Wed 12-Feb-14 21:32:07

I started a thread about this a few weeks back, so I feel for you! It's so painful isn't it!

A few posters said eat bananas and drink tonic water to prevent them- I was sceptical but gave it a go as could not stand any more middle of the night cramp attacks.

It worked like a charm. Not one cramp on the nights when I've had a banana/glass of tonic in the evening. Amazing home remedy!

TheBookofRuth Wed 12-Feb-14 21:45:02

Horrible, aren't they? Mine started the other night - I'd forgotten till then that I'd had them all through my first pregnancy too.

Goes off to eat an banana

sambababy Thu 13-Feb-14 13:20:10

I got twinges last night but luckily managed to move my leg before cramp took hold. Whenever it happens I find it sooooo painful, I just think to myself, how will I cope with labour? I must have a low pain threshold sad. I'm also going to try the banana trick!

TheBookofRuth Thu 13-Feb-14 14:03:20

I found a hot water bottle in bed last night really helped. Whenever I felt cramp starting I just pressed it against the muscle and it eased the pain without my having to hop around like a lunatic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now