Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Moderate cramping and back pain!

(4 Posts)
stephers9 Wed 12-Feb-14 20:45:18

Hi there, I'm 27 weeks pregnant with my first. recently I've been getting mild cramps/stitch feeling all over my belly, however today the cramps have started to become worse and lasting longer than before even when resting. it's starting to now travel round to my lower back. I've also been feeling faint/dizzy the last couple of days. What does this mean? I don't want to phone and hassle the doctor/midwife unless it's something really to be concerned about. Thanks

kjh5 Thu 13-Feb-14 09:01:11

Hi Stephers - its probably just Braxton Hicks (your symptoms sound very similar to some I was experiencing). However I got so worried I called up the midwife and she brought me into the hospital for tests. They hooked me up to a machine to check I wasn't having contractions and measured the bubba's heartbeat to make sure he was ok plus a doc came in to have a quick look and reassured me that my cervix was closed... in other words I wasn't going into prem labour! I felt a bit blush about panicking so much but the midwife and the doctor said they would ALWAYS rather you called in if you are worried and they had no problem checking me out for reassurance. So def call your midwife, that is what she is there for!

Rockchick1984 Thu 13-Feb-14 12:11:57

Could be a urine infection, I'd be trying to see someone asap as the pain spreading could be a sign of it spreading to your kidneys, you would need antibiotics for it.

stephers9 Thu 13-Feb-14 12:56:36

Thanks guys, I contacted midwife last night and she said hot water bottle and painkillers but pain came back this morning, phone midwife again and I've been told to just rest and keep taking painkillers....I've had a urine infection before and this is different pain...fingers crossed it will go away by tomorrow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now