Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Amniotic fluid/depth pool water query

(8 Posts)
williwonti Wed 12-Feb-14 14:53:37

Had scan monday. Got home and noticed my waters/pool depth said 3.7 (i'm 36+1). It has always been mid 5s before. Is that ok? No-one said it wasn't but always so busy there i wonder if they noticed! When i google it, it seems low but like say, wouldn't they have noticed. Any ideas?

whiteblossom Wed 12-Feb-14 14:58:03

lol I actually thought for a moment you meant swimming pool, took a moment to get my head round that!

Sorry I don't know the answer but If they were concerned they would be re-scanning and talking about induction. If your worried ring your mw smile

whiteblossom Wed 12-Feb-14 14:59:23

Im sure as the baby gets bigger the fluid will reduce, if its gets low (As mine did with dc1) they will do as I mentioned above. hth

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Wed 12-Feb-14 14:59:24

my scan reports have a bit at the top that says "fluid levels:" followed in my case by "raised" but could also say "low" or "normal". Does yours have similar?

williwonti Wed 12-Feb-14 15:26:53

Yes, it says normal, just wondered as was 5.6 4 weeks before. Think ut might just be low side if normal..

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Wed 12-Feb-14 15:42:42

levels fluctuate I think, and as you get further on theres more baby and less room for anything else. If it says normal and you haven't been referred on then I wouldn't worry.

schmalex Wed 12-Feb-14 15:50:20

Levels peak at about 32-34 weeks. I'm being rescanned next week at 34 weeks as I have lots of fluid...

williwonti Wed 12-Feb-14 18:09:36

Thanks all. Rang hospital who booked a scan but called mw who said it is fine. Will cancel scan as think it was a an over-helpful receptionist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now