Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

bum ache??

(4 Posts)
mixi82 Wed 12-Feb-14 14:00:02

This is a weird one perhaps but over the last few weeks I've noticed that my left bum cheek aches whenever I sit down for longer than 10 minutes. It's especially annoying when driving long distances as I'm constantly fidgetting to get comfy. It's as though there's something under my bum cheek getting in the way, like I'm sitting on something lumpy! I thought it was my car seat but it's now happening when I sit at my desk. Is this something to do with my pelvis changing or something? And any suggestions to what can help?

SweetPea86 Wed 12-Feb-14 15:04:10

I'm not sure what it could be but I've had a lot of bum ache whilst preg. More so around 16 to 25 weeks and it's calmed down now. I never felt lumpy and I also had a trapped nerve in it. My aches we more at the bottom of my bum if that makes sense like I'd been riding a bike for hours.

Sorry not really helpful at all, other than could it be a nerve.

Cariad007 Wed 12-Feb-14 18:19:23

Could be sciatica or the piriformis (sp?) muscle. Best to see a physio who'll be able to give you some exercises to sort it out. I had this in early pregnancy but it cleared up after I did the exercises.

whattoWHO Wed 12-Feb-14 18:21:33

Wow, I'd completely forgotten I had that! It was my left bum too.
Can't offer any insight, other than it went away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now