Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help! 14wks and still feel nauseous plus mouth feels icky

(3 Posts)
orchidna2 Wed 12-Feb-14 13:10:56

I am a total first timer and I know all the books say nausea can last up to 16 weeks but i started feeling better at 13 weeks and now its back. worse, my mouth just feels like its full of plaque which isn't going anywhere no matter how many times i brush or rinse with mouthwash! Also tastes constantly sweet which makes me even more nauseous. At least i am not vomitting which is a blessing.

- apart from a dentist appointment for a clean, how can i get rid of the weird taste in my mouth?
- what else works consistently for managing nausea? (ginger, oatcakes, ricecakes, ginger ale all failures for me; also tried olives and lemonade but no luck)

SweetPea86 Wed 12-Feb-14 15:18:36

Hi Hun I'm 31 weeks and I'm sorry to say I'm still suffering still sick every morning and feel nausaous all the time. It has wore off but from 5 weeks till 17 I had it awful.

That weird taste is awful too. I found nothing like ginger helped just did leave awful taste in mouth.

Dry food like crisps helped and didn't seem to leave bad taste, I craved pickled onion nd salt and vin which seemed to help a lot.

Eating little and often helps and murrys butter mints were good for me.

Chewing gum

I found lemonade just left a vile sugary taste in my mouth so just drank water or dilute sugar free orange. Making it very watery.

Hope it passes soon for you I feel your pain

orchidna2 Sun 16-Feb-14 13:19:50

Thanks SweetPea86. Trying crisps and chewing gum now. helping a bit. Can't wait for this to pass.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now