Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pregnant and have a 3 month old!?!?

(6 Posts)
HopefullA Wed 12-Feb-14 11:33:20

ladies,
i have a beautiful girl who is 3 mths tomorrow but i have a fear that i might be pregnant again!?!?
We had unprotected sex when she was 2.5 months and since then my hormones seem to be back, skin has broken out, got some dishcarge which havent had since before my little girl was born.
I am ebf her, is it possible i am pregnant? When should i test as its been 2 weeks since sex so would it show on the POAS yet?

Im terrified as this was not planned and as it is, we are tight financially... plus my work wont take me back if im pregnant (i live in the middle east).....

Could it just be my hormones coming back after delivery?
Help

bonzo77 Wed 12-Feb-14 11:48:50

hmm. have you had a period yet? If it has been 2 weeks since you had sex then yes, if you POAS and you are pregnant, it may well show up, if does not, wait a week then POAS again. OTOH it could actually be that you are about to get your period (hence the spots), or actually ovulating (hence the discharge).

Grumbliest Wed 12-Feb-14 11:53:08

My friend has this gap and her girls are fab... But POAS first before overthinking this

Rockchick1984 Wed 12-Feb-14 11:53:49

If she is EBF and feeding every 3 hours day and night without using a dummy, then breastfeeding is around 98% effective as a contraception. Unfortunately all it takes is one night that she sleeps longer and that can kick start your hormones and mean you are no longer protected.

All I can suggest is to do a test, keep your fingers crossed, and use protection in the future smile

HopefullA Thu 13-Feb-14 07:19:34

Yes she is EBF practically every 3 hours.
Yikes, my hubbie will go mental if its positive....

Ok might just wait a little while and POAS.... lets see!
Keep waiting for the period but no cramps yet though am dizzy and feeling tired..... Maybe im imagining things now.

Thank ladies

PastaandCheese Thu 13-Feb-14 08:08:30

As rockchick says it seems unlikely but obviously you'll have to test.

Don't want to sound like your mum but I think you need to sort out some contraception! Appreciate you're not in the UK but here they advise sorting contraception at a 6 week post natal check as people do fall pregnant at this point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now