Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I want a bump :( Anyone else a little overweight?

(10 Posts)
bluebelle2662 Wed 12-Feb-14 11:30:32

Hi everyone,

I am 20 weeks pregnant on Friday (eek) and I am wondering if anyone a little overweight could share their experiences of when they got a bump? I feel like my weight has shifted forward a little, so I do look a little different, but any ideas when I will get a more defined bump? I feel a bit of a fraud at the moment!

I'm a size 16 but only 5 feet tall!

Thanks

bubblegumgirl Wed 12-Feb-14 11:42:45

I was a bit chubby when I got PG and so I spent until about 24 weeks looking fat as opposed to PG, but believe me, I have really popped since then, so don't fret (and don't compare your bump with anyone else's!). You will look pregnany eventually!!!

Mummytobe2014 Wed 12-Feb-14 12:07:50

Yep same here! I wore a long scarf until at least 30 weeks shock as i just looked fat and chubby, i was embarrassed as everyone knew i was preggo but just didnt look it so i covered my belly for ages then all of a sudden my bump just popped out and i looked pregnant, it shocked alot of people lol, now i proudly show my HUGE bump off everyday smile

Everyone shows differently though and at different times so i wouldnt worry just yet smile

HethsC Sun 16-Feb-14 16:22:09

I'm a typical apple shape and it wasn't until 20 weeks that I really started to look pregnant rather than just fat.

You will get your bump but everyone is different and will show at different times. smile

RaRa1988 Sun 16-Feb-14 19:41:51

I'm nowhere near overweight and I look fat at 23+3. Hoping to pop out soon, but it's obviously not just a weight thing as ladies much bigger than me look much more obviously pregnant at my stage :-/

weebigmamma Sun 16-Feb-14 21:10:25

I am almost 32 weeks and people are still saying 'where's your bump?' but at this stage I think they're taking the p* because I am massive. Yes, I was overweight to begin with, but seriously, I am feckin huge now. I think people are scared to say that I'm obviously pregnant looking because I was fat before so they don't want to acknowledge my big-ness if that makes sense. It's just weird though!

RedCountryRoads Sun 16-Feb-14 21:19:12

I'm 23 weeks tomorrow. I'm 5'8 and was a size 14 before the bfp. I've got a bit of a bump but just look a bit chunkier. I feel frumpy and not "glowing" or "blooming"

To look at me you can't tell I'm pregnant.
I feel your pain bluebelle2662, it sucks!

SweetPea86 Sun 16-Feb-14 21:27:38

Hi Hun I'm 5ft 2 and was 14 before preg now in size 16 maternity clothes.

I have to admit I from about 28 weeks started to look pregnant.

My father in law today who hasn't seem me for a while said look at the size of you! Made me feel pretty shit coz I feel huge even tho my bump isn't massive.

I've got quite a high bump so my flabby tummy at the bottom just hangs I'm 32 weeks now.

Jolleigh Sun 16-Feb-14 21:28:06

I'm 34+4 now and it took until I was past 6 months pregnant before I showed at all. Now, I'm enormous. You'll get there smile

Sussex31 Sun 16-Feb-14 22:41:19

My bump popped out in the last few days at 22 weeks, amazing how many comments from different people within a 2 day period.

I am normally size 12.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now