Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant 3 months after miscarriage...scared!

(5 Posts)
Kellsbelles83 Wed 12-Feb-14 09:14:42

Hi everyone,

I'm new on here so, apologies if I'm going on...

In october, I suffered a miscarriage which ended up being very traumatic. I was taken by ambulance to hospital where surgery was done and then a blood transfusion. I found out nearly 3 weeks ago that I am pregnant again, after trying (so quickly it happened). I should be 6 1/2 weeks now. I had an ultrasound scan on monday due to pink/brown spotting 2 weeks ago, I saw it's little heart fluttering (and got highly emotional) but it was only measuring 3 mm. The sonographer seemed really happy that it was right for the time (my dates aren't precise as my periods were all over the place after m/c). But, I'm terrified that it's not growing properly because in my last pregnancy, I had a scan at what should've been 9 weeks and it only measured 5 1/2 weeks w/heartbeat. 2 weeks after that I had another small bleed and scan showed no heartbeat and not extra growth.

Does anyone have any advice or anything to calm me down a bit? I have a good feeling about this pregnancy because I have sickness, sore breasts, random headaches... all good signs I never got with my last pregnancy.

Thank you smile

LondonJen Wed 12-Feb-14 11:13:39

Hi Kells,

I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through, but congrats on your bfp!

I had an mmc in October myself and I just found out I am pregnant again last month. Now I am nearly 6 weeks and the anxiousness is immense at times.

The few things that have got me through the last few weeks are distracting myself with books, films, sewing, etc. Not allowing myself to think too much, to try to really stay focused on the present, no point panicking about the future when today everything is fine. And joining the thread you will see on the Pregnancy board called 'PG after MC'. It is full of ladies at all different stages of pregnancy who have all experienced MC and really understand what I'm going through. Do pop over and have a read, maybe say hello. For me, just reading other people's comments and knowing they feel the same as me has made me feel less alone.

Remember, today you are pregnant xxx

Kellsbelles83 Wed 12-Feb-14 11:36:47

Thanks so much for that smile And I'm sorry you had to go through loss too. I think I'll be getting my knitting out and trying to focus on not feeling so sick, haha. I have just had a look at 'PG after MC' and it's such a comfort reading successes after mc.

Thanks once again and good luck with your pregnancy smile xx

LondonJen Wed 12-Feb-14 11:49:18

I'm glad it's already been helpful. I go on there everyday to help me focus when I am feeling wobbly. I just bought a learn to knit kit I am not sure it will look like it's supposed to at the end but am going to try ha ha! Thank you it's been a tough few months but it makes you appreciate it even more I guess smile

Kellsbelles83 Wed 12-Feb-14 13:16:29

I'm staying away from google, haha. As for the knitting, I can only knit scarves ;) I'm so sure that we will both be good and our little buns will be brewing just fine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now