Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Supposed to be resting... Can't stop nesting!

(9 Posts)
Bb14 Wed 12-Feb-14 08:37:47

I'm signed off work at the minute to "rest" but I have this urge to tidy, organise and clean. I'm even considering tidying the shed. It's so difficult to sit still!!

GuyMartinsSideburns Wed 12-Feb-14 09:15:51

God tell me about it! Im 38+4 and already this morning Ive hoovered, cleaned the bathroom and kitchen, dusted and polished and made the bolognaise for dinner tonight. At the weekend I sorted on top of my wardrobe, under the bed and all the shelves. Ive re-arranged the childrens bookcase, sorted through the tv cabinet and given a load of stuff away to friends.

Im having a rest at the moment but really want to sort the airing cupboard out, the childrens clothes, and if I had the money and equipment needed Id be painting the hallway and landing blush Trying to ignore the state of the windows...

AlwaysDancing1234 Wed 12-Feb-14 09:29:17

I too have been told I need to 'rest' but have compromised by pottering and doing a but but not too much! Such as sorting out and filing paperwork and doing some shredding. I am getting seriously bored!!

dats Wed 12-Feb-14 12:38:25

Could you please all come over to mine and burn off your excess nesting energy helping us finishing painting the hall?

Many thanks,

dats, 30+1

grin

GuyMartinsSideburns Wed 12-Feb-14 13:09:57

dats, if I was near you Id be there grin however youd now have to wait until tomorrow morning as my energy burst is all used up and I'm now in my afternoon slump. Thank god tea is sorted or itd be beans on toast!

Bb14 Wed 12-Feb-14 13:52:47

Glad I'm not the only one!!

dats Wed 12-Feb-14 15:04:38

haha! At least you're pacing yourself! I'm starting to get nesting urges but they are being largely thwarted by going up and down a stepladder with PGP! Nearly done, though - then we can buy stuff and I can nest in earnest!

SweetPea86 Wed 12-Feb-14 15:22:18

I've bought paint and rollers and hid them so whilst hubby is at work tomorrow I will paint I have the urge to decorate every thing even tho our house was renovated 1 year and half ago lol.

I will sleep knowing that every thing is fresh and nicely painted.

Then I will begin gutting house full of junk. Then once that's done I can clean totally satisfied every thing is de cluttered.

I took early maternity at 30 weeks due to spd and sickness I've never not worked before so I'm using it to my advantage before I'm to huge to move.

I've got issues I know lol

SweetPea86 Wed 12-Feb-14 15:24:05

Oh I even went and bought a range of cleaning products ready for my big clean. Loving my cupboard next to the sink. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

Yep issues

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now