Talk

Advanced search

Can't breathe.

(13 Posts)
Wuxiapian Tue 11-Feb-14 21:53:38

I'm 36+6 and struggling to breathe.

Started about 10 days ago. I was in the hospital last week for sharp pains and mentioned the suffocating sensation in my chest.

They sent me home, saying all seemed fine.

It seems to be getting worse, though.

Is shortness of breath/compression feeling normal??

TIA for any responses.

HelenHen Tue 11-Feb-14 22:06:27

I had this quite a bit with ds... It's horrible! Towards the end the only way I could get comfy and breathe was with dh sitting upright on couch and me kinda switched in between his legs! If you're really worried, go back or call Midwife or gp... Don't let them sismis

Inglori0us Tue 11-Feb-14 22:10:37

I have this. Baby is high up, big and breech and is compressing my diaphragm. Had lots of tests last week as I took myself to hospital, but all were normal. Dr said it's uncomfortable but harmless. I'm hoping if the baby turns it may relieve the symptoms.

RnB Tue 11-Feb-14 22:11:07

I had this when I was anaemic

Wuxiapian Tue 11-Feb-14 22:14:41

Thanks.

Hen, I think I'll contact the midwife tomorrow.

Inglor, I know it can happen when baby is high up, but I've been 3/5 engaged since 34 weeks, so don't know why this is happening.

sad

HelenHen Tue 11-Feb-14 22:16:28

Meant to say slouched in... And don't let them dismiss you! Bloody phone lol.

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but it is bloody horrible. Good luck tomorrow!

Wuxiapian Tue 11-Feb-14 22:16:45

RnB, what were your iron levels?

I was 11.7 at 28 weeks, but have been prone to anaemia in the past, so that could be a possibility.

missmagnum Tue 11-Feb-14 22:19:00

Another one who had that feeling due to anaemia, make an appt to get your levels checked. Hope you get some relief soon, its horrible.

Wuxiapian Tue 11-Feb-14 22:29:14

This has got me worried now.

I was anaemic when pregnant with DC1, but it was discovered too late and I haemorrhaged badly during his birth.

Do you think I should ask MW tomorrow or ring triage?

Thanks again.

Mummytobe2014 Wed 12-Feb-14 08:07:45

I had this early on about 24/25 weeks pg and a&e sent me home with gaviscon saying its common but that didnothing so went to gp turna out i had a chest infection and need an inhaler now im so much better. Def go to your gp x

nosleeptillbedtime Wed 12-Feb-14 08:09:41

I had this too. Not pleasant but I put it down to everything getting squished!

Sahkoora Wed 12-Feb-14 11:55:20

I had this with both mine. The first time no one could find anything wrong despite lots of tests and I suffered, but the second time they gave me some iron tablets despite my iron levels being in the normal range and it really helped.

Some people have different iron levels I think and it really worked for me.

RnB Thu 13-Feb-14 19:09:54

Wux - really sorry but I can't remember what my iron levels were. I don't think I was dramatically under the normal range but the iron tablets really helped. Good luck, definitely get checked out ASAP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now