Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Got a BFP but forgotten what I do next!

(9 Posts)
Sahkoora Tue 11-Feb-14 11:49:25

Hello, this will be DC3 but have been through a lot since DS2 so I can't remember what I do now.

I'm only just 4wks pg, so not sure if it's too early to phone doctor or midwife. And do I phone the doctor or the midwife?

I also live in a different town than I did before so it might be all different. Moved during pg #2 and I think they sent a midwife round last time, but I just can't remember!

TIA!

CuppaSarah Tue 11-Feb-14 12:12:36

Call up your Drs surgery and ask the receptionist about a booking in appointment. Each surgery does things a little different, so they receptionist will book you in with the right person at the right time. Most booking in appointments are 8-10 weeks with a midwife.

Congratulations thanks I hope you have a lovely pregnancy.

eurochick Tue 11-Feb-14 12:48:50

Who to contact depends on where you live. I had to see my GP for a wholly pointless appointment first.

I waited until I was around 8 weeks before I had that first appointment as I have mc'd before and wanted to leave it as late as possible. That was about right, as I had my booking in at 11 weeks.

Sahkoora Tue 11-Feb-14 12:52:31

Thanks. I'm a little worried because I had hyperemesis last time and had to have some anti-sickness drugs after a nasty stay in hospital. I really can't go to hospital this time as I have a disabled child to look after, do you think the doc will give me a "just in case" prescription?

PenguinsDontEatKale Tue 11-Feb-14 13:00:47

If you have had HG I would call up and make a GP appt. No idea if they will give you an 'in case' prescription, but I would doubt it. However, it will be faster to get help if you are already in the system.

Sahkoora Tue 11-Feb-14 13:12:22

Right, thanks. I have to take DS to the doc on Mon for a follow-up, think I'll make a double appointment!

Princesspond Tue 11-Feb-14 13:53:05

I had HG with first pregnancy. I went straight to gp with second (practically in tears) to ask if I needed medication straight away! They gave me a prescription 'in case' to try and get it under control early.

Actually I didn't get HG again, just fairly bad morning sickness (nausea all day but only vomited once/twice a day).

Good luck smile

Sahkoora Tue 11-Feb-14 19:34:30

Oh that would be awesome. I have a good relationship with my doc so hopefully she will know I won't take them willy nilly! Even if she puts a repeat prescription status on them I will be happy. Things escalated so fast last time that I had 4+ of ketones by the time anyone took me seriously.

BikeRunSki Tue 11-Feb-14 19:40:14

My GP gave me "just in case" medication early on in pg2, which shortly became "need it now". His bitch of a partner would n't give me any more even though I'd been in hospital with HG for 6 weeks in first pg. I was back in hospital within 48 hrs of my " just in case" tablets running out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now