Talk

Advanced search

Is this pelvic girdle pain?

(7 Posts)
x0gawjus0x Tue 11-Feb-14 11:18:08

For about a week now I've been having a nonstop cramp in my right bum cheek and top of thigh it's getting worse by the day especially when I'm moving or sitting up or turning over in bed, impossible to walk further than 10 metres or so, and yesterday I had to walk to an appt for my Bp and the pain is starting to move round the front now it's like a stitch pain under the front right side of my bump, I did mention to them but they said stretching blah blah just making sure it's nothing going on inside? Am 37 weeks xx

KatharineClover Tue 11-Feb-14 11:24:07

Sorry yo hear about your pain. I'm not sure if what you are experiencing is PGP - mine felt like someone was taking an axe to my foof and trying to split me straight up the middle, but I know some people get back pain. Could yours be sciatica as that's also common in pregnancy? X

SugarMiceInTheRain Tue 11-Feb-14 11:27:57

Doesn't sound like the pelvic girdle pain I get in pregnancy. Mine is more like KC describes. Could be sciatica - I've suffered with that and it sounds similar.v Stitch-like pain on the underside of the bump is also a normal part of pregnancy, or so I've been told. I didn't have it in my first 2 pregnancies but do this time. Again, it's not related to PGP, SPD or anything though.

x0gawjus0x Tue 11-Feb-14 11:30:09

Ah okay then just a matter of waiting for her to arrive then sad xx

Misty9 Tue 11-Feb-14 13:34:03

Sounds like either sciatica, or baby is sitting on a nerve. Ouch either way sad can you afford a quick consultation with an osteopath? Mine charges £30 for an hour and works wonders. Or google how to relieve sciatica in pregnancy maybe?
I feel your pain - mine is SPD and as pp said, feels like I've been kicked in the bits by a horse when it's bad. Roll on due date!

poppyXsmile Tue 11-Feb-14 14:06:31

I can sympathise with you all - I have bad pain left pelvic / hip area....and sometimes feel like I have been kicked in the left side of my "lady bits" area! When I sit with my feet elevated it sometimes goes away completely, but walking, standing etc gets very painful and heavy. Trying to avoid taking any painkillers and none of the exercises suggested work for me. 32 weeks pregnant on Thursday.
xx

midwifeandmum Tue 11-Feb-14 14:25:44

This doesnt sound like pelvic gidle but it does sound like stretching pain. due to all yoyr muscles being relaxed with hormones, your muscles will over stretch. but if you feel you cant walk with it, go see ur gp. You could possibly have an infection

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now