Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

A worried newbie

(12 Posts)
Daytona79 Tue 11-Feb-14 10:42:51

Can I ask a question, I'm 7 weeks and 3 days gone.

First pregnancy so zero clue what's normal

Since the week before I found out so now about 3.5 weeks my belly is always sore

Kinda a mix of period cramps, feeling you get when you maybe have a upset tummy , to a bloated feeling

I constantly feel niggles in my belly

Is this normal..?????? To feel stuff going on in belly..? It's not agony or anything but just uncomfortable

I've had no bleeding and did get a internal scan at 5.5 weeks and they seen a blob with a flicker said it was a heart beat
The reason being I had more pain to right side so they were checking for ectopic , but baby was where it should be

But they found a 4cm cyst on right ovary but told me not to worry it was common and would go away on its own.

Me and hubby are paranoid so I've booked for a early scan on Thursday at a private place , just to check everything ok

HumphreyCobbler Tue 11-Feb-14 10:46:09

I always felt v crampy in early pg.

212smj Tue 11-Feb-14 10:52:11

It's totally normal to feel cramping type sensations. I actually have felt them all through my pregnancy up to about 26 weeks. Pain is not normal but cramps and aches are totally fine hun.

RaRa1988 Tue 11-Feb-14 10:54:23

I was really crampy too - almost like a period coming on sometimes. It's normal.

Hopelass Tue 11-Feb-14 10:58:36

Totally normal I believe, I also had this in early pg.In fact I got so used to it I worried when I didn't get cramps!!
A lot of the advice I read said that cramps without bleeding tend to be nothing to worry about, of course there is also the worry of mmc though so if an early scan would reassure you then go ahead.
I had one at 8 weeks however it does only reassure you for a bit and then you start to worry about something else! Congratulations!thanks

wishingforwillpower Tue 11-Feb-14 11:01:08

Totally normal, throughout my first trimester with both DC I had cramps, trapped wind, constipation etc, all very uncomfortable. I also had a cyst on my ovary during first pregnancy and was having right sided pains for the first few weeks - like you I had an early scan to rule out ectopic pg. as far as I know cramps etc are pat for the course and only a worry if very painful or if you start bleeding.

x0gawjus0x Tue 11-Feb-14 11:14:41

Don't worry, I am also pregnant for the first time.. Currently 37 weeks now. I was so so scared when I got my bfp because we were trying for 2.5years every little thing I was scaring myself with.. I had constant period pains from when I found out until about 9 weeks.. On the morning of my 12 week scan I couldn't stop being sick I had scared myself silly i was a total wreck.. I burst out crying when I saw her little wriggling arms and legs it was amazing smile I also had some funny feelings in my belly, no bleeding though.. Everything has been so far, and I'm now onto worrying myself about stillbirth then once she's born I'll be going crazy about SIDS... I don't think it will ever stop now lol, wish you the best of luck x

Daytona79 Tue 11-Feb-14 12:39:05

Ok that's a relief - thanks

mixi82 Tue 11-Feb-14 12:49:04

I'm a first-timer too, 18wks tomorrow. I've had all sorts going on but I've mostly just gone with the flow and accepted that my body going through huge changes. Even though I still have a long way to go, I'm expecting a whole lot more!

I had all sorts of strange feelings in my tummy, I had a few bad cramps but no bleeding so I didn't worry too much. This is one of the best places to come for questions, I've asked loads and had some great responses.

Congrats on your pregnancy, hope all goes well smile

Hedgehog1977 Tue 11-Feb-14 12:56:15

I am 7 wks 4 days Daytona so know how you feel! I have had lots of mild twinges, but now panicking because they've stopped - I think you will worry no matter what! I think I may also have a cyst - having loads more twinges to the left. Also having an early scan, on Friday. Hope yours goes well. Hx

Showy Tue 11-Feb-14 13:04:59

Your cyst is likely a 'corpus luteum cyst'. They are fairly common and usually go on their own. They'll check at your 12 week scan.

Daytona79 Tue 11-Feb-14 13:14:00

Showy that's exactly what they called it

And yup said they would check it at 12 weeks.

It is sore though when I sit at my desk at work, I think maybe it puts pressure on it. I hope it goes away soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now