Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Going to a gig at 8 month?

(15 Posts)
Barbsta Tue 11-Feb-14 09:45:09

Obviously I won't be drinking but I'm not sure if it's a good idea? It's my husbands band that is playing so I want to go but I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I didn't. What's your views?

weeonion Tue 11-Feb-14 09:48:34

I went gigging right up to a week before due date. The staff at an Arcade Fire gig when i was huge were concerned that bass would set off contractions and the St John ambulance kept close by, much to my amusement. All good though!

DinoSnores Tue 11-Feb-14 09:50:14

I was ceilidh dancing on my due date (didn't help, sadly!), so as long as you aren't crowd surfing, I think it would be fine!

MewlingQuim Tue 11-Feb-14 09:52:48

I went to a gig for NYE when I was 8 months pregnant, no way was I going to stay at home!

Make sure there's somewhere for you to sit down if you get tired though, if it's busy no one will notice you're pregnant and make room for you.

GozerTheGozerian Tue 11-Feb-14 09:54:24

Yes definitely, I went to 2 or 3 gigs in my 8th month and it was fine - but I needed to sit down!

Chopsypie Tue 11-Feb-14 09:55:10

I went to see alkaline trio a day before my due date! I just phoned the venue a few days before and they reserved a table for me so I had somewhere to sit down. I also got to queue jump smile

I went to gigs throughout both pregnancies, I was just careful to stay away from the rowdy sections of the crowd and sat down frequently. After 36 weeks I also made sure I had my bag in the car

Also, the bass used to set off some really strong Braxton hicks! I was even timing them at one point, I thought I was in labour

PastaandCheese Tue 11-Feb-14 09:57:18

I could have done that with my first but not this time. My back is feeling it this time round so I couldn't stand for that long.

I'd say plan to go but don't feel bad if you don't make it on the night.

JeanSeberg Tue 11-Feb-14 10:00:00

Ooh curious to know what band your husband's in!

Barbsta Tue 11-Feb-14 10:09:35

It's not a well known band it's just a bit fun for him smile

PenguinsDontEatKale Tue 11-Feb-14 10:13:30

Why not if you feel well enough on the day? But yes, you might want to check out that you will be able to sit down if you want to.

I went to a very rowdy wedding disco at 38 weeks and it was fine, just needed to sit down more.

mel0dy Tue 11-Feb-14 13:23:06

As long as you're not planing on being in a mosh pit I don't see any issues! If it's a small pub gig, see if you can sit behind the sound engineer cos that's where the sound will be best and is usually nicely out of the way of punters!

missmagnum Tue 11-Feb-14 13:29:29

You'll be fine, my DP is in a band and I was going to gigs weekly until 4 days past my due date. Baby always increased its kicking at them and came out loving rock music, in fact it was the only thing he would go to sleep to and only if played loudly.

People usually offer their seat to you too, as an added bonus.

UriGeller Tue 11-Feb-14 13:36:46

I got stuck in the turnstile at The Leadmill in Sheffield due to my massive pregnancy girth! very embarrassing. A lot of wiggling later, I was through. Can't remember the band but it was a great night grin

fourlegstwolegs Tue 11-Feb-14 21:21:47

I went to a rave in Hackney 8 months pg. I got some funny looks.

Lazybones80 Wed 12-Feb-14 04:14:05

You're all so young and cool. I'm debating whether to see Michael Buble when I'm 36 weeks, but thought it all might be too much for me!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now