Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

im nearly 8 weeks keeps going but near mc d can I eat it

(16 Posts)
louvaine123 Tue 11-Feb-14 09:28:09

I'm 8 weeks pregnent and i keep going dizzy and i going past mc d before going to c my midwife can i Eat mc d or not PLZ HELP THANKS

squizita Tue 11-Feb-14 09:31:14

There's nothing on the NHS forbidden list and everything's very cooked. I think it would be OK.

LiberalLibertine Tue 11-Feb-14 09:33:41

Eh? Yes of course you can.

LiberalLibertine Tue 11-Feb-14 09:34:34

You me a while to decipher what you had actually said there confused

ipswichwitch Tue 11-Feb-14 09:46:16

Er, yes you can, and I certainly did (massive junk food cravings)
There's really not much on the forbidden foods list you know - liver, pate, undercooked eggs and meat. A big Mac will be fine.

RaRa1988 Tue 11-Feb-14 10:58:56

Same Liberal : for one very horrible moment, I thought the OP meant eating a miscarriage and my heart nearly stopped.

LiberalLibertine Tue 11-Feb-14 11:01:08

Ha ha I saw miscarriage too confused

Turvytopsy Tue 11-Feb-14 11:11:46

When I was expecting ds2 I craved mcd's fries with ketchup, dipped in mcflurry ice cream! Not been a fan before or since. Ds1 still dips his fries in ketchup then mcflurry, says it was the most genius discovery ever!
We survived and ds2 is happy healthy 12 year old now.

PenguinsDontEatKale Tue 11-Feb-14 11:21:28

Can you eat MacDonalds? Was that the question?

Of course you can (although actually the whippy ice cream not recommended).

NannyPlumForPM Tue 11-Feb-14 11:35:10

I read as eating miscarriage !!! I thought bloody hell op....

Writerwannabe83 Tue 11-Feb-14 11:45:34

I dread to think how many times I have been to Mcdonalds during my oregnancy smile

However, I remember well the panicked stage of 'what can I or can't I eat?" smile I posted on here once asking if I was allowed a curry.....

Trinpy Tue 11-Feb-14 12:00:35

grin writer why did you think you wouldn't be allowed curry?

I had a minor panic when I was about 7 weeks because I had a steak and kidney pie (kidneys are sort of like liver, right?) but I googled it - even I knew I was overreacting!

Writerwannabe83 Tue 11-Feb-14 12:03:18

Why did you think you wouldn't be allowed curry

Because I was a mental 'first time pregnant' woman grin
Maybe I was worried about the quality of the chicken in my Tikka Masala grin

TravellingToad Tue 11-Feb-14 12:07:31

Of course you can eat it

mixi82 Tue 11-Feb-14 12:43:27

Yes you can eat it! I've had a junk food craving over the last few weeks, had almost every take out and BK and Mccy D 's. Not everyday though and not excessively

PenguinsDontEatKale Tue 11-Feb-14 12:58:27

Writer - Well, there is some truth in that dodgy takeaways are among the biggest sources of food poisoning. A good one or a homemade one might just give you heartburn. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now