Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else in first trimester and being lazy?

(13 Posts)
Alexchallex Mon 10-Feb-14 09:58:43

I'm 10 weeks ish with second child. Ds is 11 months. In finding myself being really lazy, napping when he is napping and not doing much exercise. I'm back at work in a month so taking advantage of it is suppose. I must be up every hour at night needing a wee (I'm lucky ds sleeps through til 6 or 7). Am I right in being a lazy bones or should I get off my bum and do more 'stuff'?

Alexchallex Mon 10-Feb-14 09:59:16

I say "not much exercise". I am doing zilch

mandbaby Mon 10-Feb-14 10:24:51

I was just about to post a very similar thread! I'm 8 weeks and can't be bothered to do anything! I already have a 4YO and 2YO who zap any remote bit of energy that I have, but all I want to do 24/7 is sleep! It's unbearable. Even standing up out of a chair is a real effort. I wish I could feel less of a blob!

Jess03 Mon 10-Feb-14 11:43:58

Me either, have dd1 and she spent most of the weekend watching films while I sat blob like on the sofa. First trimester is the absolute worst...

Dazedconfused Mon 10-Feb-14 11:55:09

I'm 8 weeks with my first and just spent entire weekend blobbed on the sofa I have no energy at all. was going to post here to see if common so thank you xxx

Mrsfullhouse Mon 10-Feb-14 12:06:31

Oh my, honestly, i barely moved off the sofa this weekend, and just lay there stuffing m,y face with rich tea biscuits as DH ran around after the DC's.

I also have a 11 month old DS and am 10 weeks! how exciting!
I am literally being so lazy and sleepy- gone back to napping when the baby naps! my husband despairs of me and has just given up and is pandering to my every need in order to stop the relentless flow of teary tantrums!
I don't remember being like this with Ds!

How naughty!!!

rockin20s Mon 10-Feb-14 12:26:39

ive been very lazy, DH has had to drag me off the sofa to go for walks. I haven't slept through the night since we got the BFP, always have to wee at 3-4am but cant get back to sleep after that!

really looking forward to the second trimester (8w4d) hoping to get some proper sleep then and get my energy back

AnythingNotEverything Mon 10-Feb-14 12:30:36

When you say "lazy" do you actually mean "exhausted" or "lethargic"? You're growing a new human being. You have every right to sit on your backside and take extra naps.

AnythingNotEverything Mon 10-Feb-14 12:40:39

Ooh - that last post sounded ranty. I meant to add a smile and a "congratulations"!

mandbaby Mon 10-Feb-14 12:59:29

Mrsfullhouse - wow, you're lucky! There is no way my husband would consider pandering to my every need. I swear he thinks I'm milking all of my symptoms (the lethargy and the morning sickness). Honestly, he gets sick to death of hearing me TALK about it let alone trying to ask him to relieve me of some of the parenting/cleaning/cooking.

He DOES work hard himelf and is also very tired, and I feel like I can't comment on how tired I am because my job (the one I'm paid for) is FAR easier than his (he's a teacher).

Mrsfullhouse Mon 10-Feb-14 13:24:48

You're right, I'm sooooo lucky, my husband is a complete pussy cat- and also a teacher! Just tell him, that he may be shaping the minds of the future generation, but you're growing your own little 'next generation' in your ever more windy tummy... and it's exhausting! (then stroke his ego a bit, swoon gently and put on midsomer murders with your feet up!)

I only work part time, but my job is super stressful, so he's pretty good at just accepting that when i get home with DS just after lunch... we go to bed!!

Work don't know yet, and i'm dreading telling them.... any tips on that would be greatly rec'd!!

mandbaby Mon 10-Feb-14 13:47:28

My work don't know either and I'm also dreading telling them. It will be 3 years out of the last 5 that I've been off on maternity leave! Eeek!

Mrsfullhouse Mon 10-Feb-14 14:06:06

that's some good going!

I only started my permanent contract at the beginning of December and fell pregnant just before christmas (which is odd, because i vaguely remember being massively stressed out and knackered and not in the least bit sexy minded, so god know how i had the time/ inclination to get upduffed!!)

Are you going back to work after this one? we have DD at prep school (cheap fees due to lovely DH job) and DS at childminder... so we'll have two under two's and the childcare/ wage/ petrol balance is increasingly frightening!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now