Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Piriton in pregnancy

(3 Posts)
Wilberforce2 Mon 10-Feb-14 09:33:08

Does anyone know if you can take Piriton whilst pregnant (I'm 39+5)?

I've been Googling and a lot of people seem to be saying yes but I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience. The leaflet in the box says as usual to seek GP's advice but I can't get an appointment until Thursday, I've left two messages for my MW but she never calls back and I am itching like crazy. I've had a blood test for OC and that was clear, apparently I just have "general pregnancy itching". It's driving me crazy now and if I could just have one itch free nights sleep before this baby comes then that would be great! I've been bathing in E45 bath stuff but that only helps while I'm in there.

Thanks!

Rockchick1984 Mon 10-Feb-14 09:50:47

Tommy's charity have a phone line to speak to a midwife for advice here or call labour ward, or 111/NHS direct depending which service is in your area now?

cathpip Mon 10-Feb-14 11:36:18

Snap, I find aloe Vera gel great for itching and I have succumbed to the odd piriton tablet. I doubt at your stage it will do any damage, my friend was prescribed anti histamine tablets when pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now