Talk

Advanced search

Full of a cold near due date

(5 Posts)
Rockchick1984 Mon 10-Feb-14 07:57:51

Has anyone ever gone into labour while full of a cold? I just don't see how I'd be able to cope (can't breathe through my nose at all) but am due shortly, am I safe to presume my body won't go into labour until I'm well again?

Greywacke Mon 10-Feb-14 07:59:49

I did, but it was fine. Just rest as much as you can beforehand.

youmakemydreams Mon 10-Feb-14 08:00:50

I have had a cold at the end of all 3 pregnancies. 2 cleared up before labour one I went into labour with and was actually just fine. Surprisingly it had disappeared by the time ds1 arrived and I felt much better.
It's rotten but honestly when the time comes you'll manage just fine. You won't give the cold a thought.

BikeRunSki Mon 10-Feb-14 08:04:01

I had a stinky cold when dd was born. It was fine. In fact least of my worries with the uterine rupture and general anasethic.

Rockchick1984 Mon 10-Feb-14 08:47:02

How did you all manage to breathe / push etc whilst feeling like this? My DS was drug-free birth so was relying on controlling my pain with breathing exercises and it was fine, but no way will I manage it this time!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: