Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Terrified I'm pregnant on copper coil reassurance please ??

(9 Posts)
Milkmachinemadness Mon 10-Feb-14 07:13:28

I've posted this on other boards but no one seems to have gone through this. I had a copper coil fitted in November since then I had to heavy periods . Now this month I think I'm about 9 days late but I can't really work it out as can't remember when my last one started but I know it was around the first week of Jan. I already have 3 DC. Still breast feeding the 18mo. I've since seen so many stories of the copper failing , anyone with any experience as to what could be going on ? I've ordered some tests but they won't be here till tommorow at the earliest. I'm making myself sick with worry over This. This really isn't the right time sad

Spottybra Mon 10-Feb-14 07:17:28

I was told it was only 97% effective by my doctor. Needless to say for 2 years I wanted an 'accident' but never had one so far. I don't keep track of my periods either. Try not to worry today. You've ordered your tests. There's not much you can do until tomorrow now when you POAS.

Milkmachinemadness Mon 10-Feb-14 07:30:24

Thanks spotty bra , do you have the copper one too ? I wanted to come off my hormone pill but wish I hadn't now :-/

GingerRodgers Mon 10-Feb-14 07:33:43

I've heard of people stopping their periods on the coil. Could it be that?

SpanielFace Mon 10-Feb-14 07:41:33

I fell pregnant with a copper coil. Probably not the reassurance you want. However, I also had the odd long cycle while I had it, sometimes I think it was stress related - would that fit with you?

Milkmachinemadness Mon 10-Feb-14 07:43:37

Ginger it's non hormonal so this particular one doesnt stop them.no idea Spaniel face but if I am I can't keep the baby we just can't

SpanielFace Mon 10-Feb-14 07:51:05

I usually have a regular 30 day cycle but had a 45 day one once, I was convinced I was pregnant but wasn't. There are lots of reasons you can have a late period other than pregnancy. Fingers crossed. At least you will know soon.

Milkmachinemadness Mon 10-Feb-14 07:57:53

I really need to know its driving me mad , I am super moody and irritable to so I'm hoping that's pms and maybe stress is just delaying it

Milkmachinemadness Mon 10-Feb-14 08:05:05

I've also heard so many people getting pregnant on this thing I'm actually amazed they still call effective

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now