Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ok if in fact I am pg, but got a bfn today, is it unlikely I will get a bfp if I test again tomorrow?

(12 Posts)
MoveYourArmsLikeHenry Sun 09-Feb-14 22:32:46

My period is due around tuesday(ish) but I just 'feel' like I am pg, almost to the point of I dont believe the hpt! I have had nausea the past few days headaches, extreme tiredness (when I havent been doing anything), a breakout in spots (I rarely get spots) and I have burst into tears over stupid things! If I didnt have the constant sick feeling I would believe it was pms.

I took 2 tests today a CB and a FR. Both neg. I would be ok emotionally if I wasnt preg, but my body just doesnt feel like its normal self, it feels pregnant!

I have 1 test left over, I am terribly impatient. Would I be wasting my time if I took it tomorrow?

NannyPlumForPM Sun 09-Feb-14 22:37:53

Yup afraid so - test in 2 days (weds) and use morning wee. I wouldn't have the Self restraint though and would probably test tomorrow and keep buying cheaply tests until period arrives grin

MoveYourArmsLikeHenry Sun 09-Feb-14 22:40:09

Thanks nanny grin that sounds like a good plan actually haha!

Pinkandwhite Mon 10-Feb-14 00:15:10

I had a bfn on a Sunday and a bfp the following day using exactly the same brand of test so it does happen. I didn't have the patience to wait another day. Good luck!

MoveYourArmsLikeHenry Mon 10-Feb-14 23:21:22

Pink that is a reassuring story smile I have still been feeling quite sick today seems to start in the afternoon and continue through to the morning. Though I feel perfectly fine in the mornings smile I'm just about managing to not take the test and going to take it tomorrow morning.

Peacenquiet2 Tue 11-Feb-14 02:15:22

Good luck for the morn. I took a test on the wed and got a bfn. On the following fri morn i took another and got a very faint, almost not there bfp. Now 36 weels.

Aoifebelle Tue 11-Feb-14 07:37:24

This time round I suspected I was preggo about a week after conception, and I knew for definite a good 2 days before even the most sensitive test picked it up.

akachan Tue 11-Feb-14 07:42:40

I felt the same this month. Got a bfn on the Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday then BFP on the Friday. All same brand. Good luck!

appletree100 Tue 11-Feb-14 08:17:59

I was in the same position, testing 3/4 days before my period and getting negatives, I was also very sure I was pregnant... Then the electronic Clear Blue picked up my BFP the day before my period was due... when others/cheaper ones didn't.

smile

NannyPlumForPM Tue 11-Feb-14 10:25:54

Any luck?? grin

LouisaJF Tue 11-Feb-14 10:35:11

I had this with DS1. I tested on Wednesday even though my period wasn't due till Saturday. I got a BFN every day until Sunday, then I got the magic blue lines smile

cogitosum Tue 11-Feb-14 10:59:16

I had loads of negatives with ds even after my period was due so I went out drinking then got bfp when I was over a week late!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now