Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Should I go for number 4??

(6 Posts)
beckyndanuk3 Sun 09-Feb-14 18:24:29

Came on here for some impartial advice. I have 3 beautiful kids dd 11 and ds 10 (with aspergers) and ds 5. We always wanted 4 kids and have been uming and areing about it for years. I am 38 and feel if I do not do i now I never will. I feel something is missing. My husband like me wants it one day then changes his mind the next! any advice would be gratefully received!

Bunbaker Sun 09-Feb-14 18:29:30

The only thing I can think of that you need to consider is the logistics - number of bedrooms, larger car etc. Also can you bear the thought of going back to sleepless nights, nappies etc?

sarahquilt Sun 09-Feb-14 18:39:29

The main question is can you afford it? Also, will you have the time to devote to four?If the answer is yes, go for it.

RandomMess Sun 09-Feb-14 18:40:33

All of the above AND would it be a disaster if it were twins?

SicknSpan Sun 09-Feb-14 18:52:03

What does your heart say? If it's louder than your head listen to it. I don't think I could ever regret overruling my head because I longed for something with my heart but my heart would never let me forget it if I didn't listen to it over something so important.

Fiveleaves Mon 10-Feb-14 07:48:40

If you could still afford it if the worst came to worst and one of you was made redundant or god forbid you broke up, then yes. If not and you couldn't manage without state support then, no. A big family is a luxury IMO and you cut your cloth accordingly. We are stopping at 2 mainly for financial reasons and many friends are too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now