Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Teenage pregnancy..

(6 Posts)
Misfitless Sun 09-Feb-14 17:42:28

Please can you share your stories with me if you were a very teenager when you had your first child, or if your own child has gone on to be a parent whilst still a teenager.

I am interested to know how you all coped, and if you/they managed to achieve ambitions and follow dreams whilst becoming a parent so young.

TIA.

(Will also post this elsewhere, when I've worked out the best place for it! smile)

Misfitless Sun 09-Feb-14 17:42:59

Meant to delete that very!

LineRunner Sun 09-Feb-14 17:43:11

Why do you need to know this?

Misfitless Sun 09-Feb-14 17:47:32

Why do you need to know why I need to know?

If you don't want to answer, that's fine you can ignore my post.

I'm absolutely not a journalist, if that's what you're thinking.

Slh122 Sun 09-Feb-14 20:31:21

I accidentally fell pregnant at 18 and am currently sat BFing my 3 week old son.
He is the absolute love of my life and everyday me and DP fall more in love with him. I'm going to university in September to pursue a career in teaching and my little boy makes me more determined than ever.
I didn't imagine my life going this way but now I've found myself on this path, I wouldn't change it for the world. We're fortunate enough to have no money worries, which may contribute to feeling so positive about it.
This quote sums it all up perfectly: 'being a young mum means we met a little early but it also means I get to love you a little longer. Some people said my life ended when I had a baby, but my life had just begun. You didn't take away my future, you gave me a new one.'

Misfitless Sun 09-Feb-14 21:33:51

Oh Slh122, that's just lovely!

Congratulations!

It's lovely to hear such positive experiences.

Good luck with your degree and career. Thanks for sharing, too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now